Customer reviews

on 15 June 2016
No Problems! Although......I can't say I approve of the manufacturer's 'sell the printer cheap and charge the earth for the ink' policy!!'
This black-ink cartridge is used in a Canon MX515 printer (which I rate highly) and the results with it are perfectly satisfactory. Opening the protective casing can be a bit fiddly and requires a pair of scissors or possibly a knife. Fitting the cartridge is simple and always works first time. For best value it's advisable to use the printer at least once a week otherwise some of the ink in the cartridge irreversibly dries up. Just one page a week is enough, apparently. A fine product all round.
on 9 February 2015
Well it does the job, but it is so expensive, what choice do I have but to buy it if I need to print stuff. One of the most expensive liquids in the world apparently, not surprising.
on 19 June 2017
It's a cheaper, larger capacity black ink cartridge that is a genuine item so my Canon printer loves it and produces good quality prints. Lasts a long time for the light use it gets.
on 9 June 2017
Canon's own-brand ink always provides reliable, consistant results, so I always use it. Just a pity computer printing ink is so expensive!
on 19 March 2017
Canon PG-540XL black cartridge reliably provides longer cartridge life, and many more printed pages per unit cost.
on 27 April 2017
Very happy with this purchase... Cheapest price by a mile compare to Currys & Staples ... Will buy again..
on 14 May 2017
What can I say? It is the one that fits the printer. Easy to insert and as it is XL should last a while.
on 11 October 2016
Usually great but printed 4 lines of normal size text and my light come on again the inside of my printer is also covered in black under the ink cartridge bit. Annoyed isn't the word I got xl to last longer than 4 lines x
on 5 August 2013
There's not a lot that I can write about this cartridge. It is the only one that my printer will use. However the XL does seem to be lasting longer than the ordinary cartridge. 4 star rating is because I don't love it!