Canar: A Year in the Highlands of Ecuador (The William and Bettye Nowlin Series in Art, History, and Culture of the Western Hemisphere) Paperback – 1 Apr 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Judy Blankenship is an award-winning photographer, writer, and editor. She is the author of Canar: A Year in the Highlands of Ecuador, and her photographic exhibition, The Canari of Southern Ecuador, traveled to museums, universities, and cultural venues across the United States, Canada, and Ecuador. With Canari colleagues, Blankenship has collaborated on several documentary projects with the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian, including photographs, videos, audio recordings, and a bilingual Quichua-Spanish book.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Canari culture is less well-know than other South American indigenous cultures and Blankenship records her experiences with useful directness.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > South America
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Customs
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Physical
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Central & South America > Ecuador & Galapagos Islands