on 28 September 2014
This is almost identical to designer brands where the price tag is a good £100 more than this. The coat is very well made. The arms are a little long but come winter, I'll be glad to tuck my hands up into them. I chose a large which is big but plenty of room for jumpers. This is a very warm coat. I absolutely love it.
on 1 February 2013
Good quality! However, should not have paid any attention to the one review that I read before I placed order. i ordered large (allowing for extra layers), however, jacket was too big! It would have fitted a giant. Very disappointing and now I AM HAVING TO PAY FOR RETURN! How unfair is this?
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2015
I spent a fair few hours reading reviews for many wax jackets, before finally decided to purchase this one.
I'm a teaching assistant, and as winter gets closer, a warm, water proof coat is a necessity for playground duty, and all those trips to church, fetes etc. I also wanted it to double as a durable dog walking coat, so nothing too fancy, but still smart enough!

I am a size 16/18 and would normally go for an XL to make sure I could wear thick jumpers comfortably underneath, but I chose the large based on other reviews saying they sized big.
I'm glad I did! The XL would have buried me!

The large fits well, with ample room for a thick jumper, but it isn't so big that I look like a sack if spuds!

The length is perfect, sleeves a little long, but great for cold days/nights. The coat is so warm and cozy, and much softer than a previous (very very expensive) wax jacket I had, many moons ago.

The fit of the coat actually flatters my figure, I'm very bottom heavy, and drawn in waists really do look dreadful on me, so I love that this hangs well, skims my hips just enough to show I have some, without making Beyonce herself jelous by clinging to my rather well pronounced backside!

Yet to test it in the wet, but I am sure it will do the job perfectly, the quality feels great, and it certainly appears to be much more than light shower proof.

Just a side note, I read a few reviews saying the detachable good wasn't included - check the pockets!

Arrived 48 hours after ordering, very happy with my purchase.
on 5 December 2014
Have worn waxed jackets for many years for walking the dog especially, and find my new one is as warm and weatherproof as they have always been. The large metal zip is not a fiddle to use and the hood is large and roomy. Love coats with 4 pockets!
Very pleased with this jacket. Conforms to all the specifications required.
Warm, Waterproof and can be highly recommended to all.
on 12 November 2014
Although it's of very good quality, the upper part is very bulky. It is the most unflattering garment I have seen for some time. I returned it. Luckily the post office have a deal just now. Otherwise the postage would have been £10.
on 9 April 2013
It is longer than others and is really warm and comfortable to wear. The plastic zip is not cold to the touch.
on 20 October 2015
This arrived promptly .I have had a jacket like this before. Really like this one very much. I ordered small after much deliberation after reading the reviews I was more than confused! However I have got the right size for me I am a size 10 to small 12 and am 5ft 7 in tall.I found it to be perfect length and arms.For me personally I didn't want skin tight and this size allows me to put a jumper on underneath. We walk our dog every day for a few miles and am sure that this jacket will give me plenty years of service just like my last one.If I had ordered the extra small feel it would have been fine but it's not a fashion item and for practicality putting a couple of layers underneath this one fits my purpose.
on 12 September 2014
Loved coat, but did not realise it was unisex, It was far too big . Cost£10 to return, so I will not order another, as the size I think is for a man and not a woman
on 8 September 2014
When buying this I don't remember reading that it was unisex sizes - but it must be!
I'm normally a medium, rarely a small, in women's clothing, but this jacket in medium was massive! I was swimming in it.
So I had to return it, at my own cost, and get an XS, which fits. So if you want the jacket order smaller than normal, at least if you are a woman.
Over all the jacket is quite bulky, even in XS, it's just the shape of the jacket and how it's been padded.