on 23 June 2014
Great short story. Good characterisation made you care about them. If you want to read about hot military men then this is for you.
on 29 October 2013
"I'm not that guy. I never will be. I'm like my old man and his old man before him. We don't rescue people. We aren't nice guys. We don't fall in love."

Oh Selena. Selena, Selena, Selena.

This is quite possibly the BEST EVER NOVELLA I've had the pleasure (and honour) of reading.

It has the right amount of angst, tension, action, sweetness and heart-stopping moments.

"I usually go balls-to-the-wall for what I want"

We meet Gabe in Hidden (Click to read my review). He is the best friend of Nick, Hidden's lead male. He is an intreaguing character and I just knew he had a story to tell.

Gabe is a complete Alpha Male - Hot, Firey Tempered, Badass and completely H.O.T!! This story is set in Afghanistan, where Gabe is stationed with the Forces.

Alexis is a do-gooder. She comes to Afghan with the UN to do some work with locals who have been affected by the war. She is under the illusion that the US Army cause most of the disruption in war-torn area's. Gabe is quick to set her straight in his no-nonsense way.

"We shoot if we have to, and a lot more often we get shot at. This is the Army sweetheart, not a freaking hippie peace rally."

There is connection between Gabe and Alexis from the offset.

"You and I have unfinished business, babe. I'll be seeing you soon."

But there is a catch. Alexis has a boyfriend back home. And Gabe is many things, but a home-wrecker is not one of them.

The rest of this story is filled with action, tension and heart-in-mouth moments. I felt...

0% - 20% Relaxed and gripped in the story

20% - 50% Giddy and waiting on the kissykissy to start.

50% - 90% Raw, ill, worried and completely taken in

90% - 100% Happy

You gotta go read this people - 5 Outstanding stars!
on 8 September 2014
Good holiday read - but didn't really grab me and hold my attention. Bad boy soldier meets good girl humanitarian - predictable ending (ie boy gets girl).
on 16 August 2014
Too much bad language and thinking about sex all the time . Did not finished it . Skimmed it

and thought it was sleasy trash.............
on 7 January 2014
I received this book for an honest review, and to be honest it was an amazing read. It was hot and addictive as once I started I could not put the book down. The characters from the moment they met had such great chemistry and the ordeal that they go through together was intriguing. Gabe is a solider and a Jack the lad type of guy who chases any type of woman. Alexis is doing UN work at Gabes camp and as soon as she meets Gabe she's got his number. Unfortunately for Alexis Gabe has got to be her protector whilst at camp, as they get to know each other and are thrust into a dangerous situation together where Gabe has to protect her, they can't hold back their feelings any longer and sparks fly, but can it last ? A super, hot, sexy read. Thank you Selena, can't wait to read the next book.
on 7 October 2014
Not what I was expecting. Rough soldier & UN collegiate. Hes a real player. Story improbable. I find it hard to believe a female civilian would go in a truck with 1 soldier to deliver aid. Normally a convoy & at least 2/3 soldiers per vehicle. Normally not trucks but armoured humvees or similar. As trapped in cave, perfect place to be attacked during night as they had sex (dont worry about taliban attacking) or sleeping. Sudden ending. Blurb doesnt mention cliffhanger or that part of serial. Next book continues story-just found on Amazon after story ended abruptly. Camouflaged bought feb 2014.
on 3 October 2014
Great book. Unusual location of the Afghanistan desert described so that I felt I was there. Unusual that the story was from the man's point of view. Unusual that she is from a wealthier background with a long term boyfriend, and he is a soldier for the money. Unusual that there were many humorous moments in the war zone setting- mainly due to Nick's unique perspective on the situation. Unusual the story finishes when she leaves Afghanistan first. Did they meet in six months for their HEA or is that another story? (Hopefully it is, as they are great characters.).
on 9 February 2014
Loved this book and have purchased the next instalment! Both Gabe & Alexa have pre-formed impressions of each other. But as they are thrown together in a "difficult" situation they both change and discover that first impressions are not always correct! A Recommended read!
on 27 May 2015
Good book
on 21 September 2014
I Have just returned from turkey
and have always had trouble with comfy sandals.
these are excellent wore them for 2wks best comfort sandals
i have ever had.
I will be buying another colour,they are great.