Size: 22 oz|Colour: Blue|Change

on 28 November 2009
I already have the larger, solid version of this bottle & that's so good it's always being taken out of the house by other members of my family, so I needed another one for the gym.

That's when I came across this. It has the same no leak Camelbak bite valve and a removeable internal straw, so you can drink from it vertically or with your head tilted back, whichever is your preference.

The advantages of this bottle over the Camelback solid version is that it is slightly smaller, so fits in the gym equipment holders easier. It is made of lighter, flexible plastic, which you can squeeze for faster water flow. And it is cheaper, but still of the same Camelbak quality.

The solid bottle's bite valve flips down to close the flow, whereas this bottle twists to close and the bite valve remains upright, I prefer this for sports & training as it is constantly in use and the closing mechanism seems to be more watertight for chucking in the gym bag.

Overall I'm really pleased with it & I'll be buying more.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 September 2013
This is my favourite bottle for use with bottle cages on bicycles. It fits perfectly with all the cages I've used. The bite valve makes it easy to take a sip while on the move as you don't need to tilt the bottle or tug at a stopper with your teeth. Just bite gently on the soft "nipple" and suck. The coloured bottles are slightly translucent so you can see how much liquid is left.

A few negative points. The removable valve has a tendency to develop black mould on the inside if you don't keep it meticulously clean. And once the mould starts to grow it's near impossible to get out, even with special brushes. You can buy replacement valves in packs of two, but these cost about the same as a replacement bottle. I now only use water in the bottle (no sugary drinks, as these seem to encourage the mould) and disassemble and rinse it after each use.

Also, the valve can be knocked off inadvertantly. This happened once when I had a hard fall from my bike. I didn't notice it was gone till I got home. A few days later along the same route I found it lying by the side of the path and still usable (after a wash).

Lastly, the bottle isn't entirely leakproof even when "locked" by twisting the lid. This is because the valve retains a little liquid which can drip out if the bottle is inverted. It's not a problem if used upright on a bike, but I wouldn't advise tossing this bottle in a bag.
VINE VOICEon 30 October 2012
This is my second Camelbak bottle, after my 'better bottle' got a mouldy spout. Despite cleaning it, it had to be thrown away. I considered other bottles but decided that despite this, the Camelbak was the best brand for me.

This time I went for the 'Performance' bottle as it was cheaper and held more than my original (650ml compared to 500ml.) The other difference is that the spout doesn't fold away. This wasn't really an issue for me. The bottle has a lock, to stop the drink leaking in your bag.

My main issue with this bottle is it leaks! A few times now it has started leaking from the lid, despite not being tipped. This really isn't good enough for a bottle that is this pricey.

Camelbak aren't the cheapest brand but I would definitely buy another one, when this fails. I would, however, get another 'better bottle' rather than this one.
on 12 May 2013
Best water bottle evvvvverr.. the rubber bit at the top is locked so no water can come out.. to unlock, just bite the rubber bit and the water can run freely... ive used it everyday since i got it.. and it hasnt leaked once
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've tried quite a few drinks bottles in my time. This bottle is definitely OK. But for me a Nalgene bottle is better.
I still use this on occasions, but it's not my favourite.

I'm not keen on the spout being permanently up (dust, etc. can gather in it).
I'm not particularly keen on having to 'nip' the spout to drink either.
I think that it is actually leak proof. But sometimes it doesn't seem as if it is. If you have drunk before then, despite the good locking mechanism, some residue liquid may remain in the cap/spout, and you can get the same result as a slight leak.

Overall, it's still a good bottle though - just not perfect for me.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
on 30 May 2013
I am trying to drink more water and this bottle is great for it as it has the measurements on the side. I love the mouthpiece too as you dont have to tip the bottle to drink just bite and also the no spill part is great too as it means I can take it with me in my bag and not worry that it will spill.
on 8 March 2016
I was recommended to purchase a Camelbak water bottle by a family member as I wanted one for the gym, so I perused the different ones and decided upon this one. When it first arrived I was a bit concerned that the water may end up tasting a bit of plastic, because the mouth piece felt kind of rubbery, but my fears were totally unfounded. I've even left water in the bottle overnight at times and it still tastes fresh the next day.

The bottle is made of fairly hard, but not brittle, plastic, which is very hard wearing. I have dropped it a few times without much damage, just a few small scratches. The top twists anti clockwise to unlock it in order to drink and clockwise to lock it again, and it has icons showing you on the lid in case you forget. You don't need to tip it to drink, just bite gently on the nozzle and suck with the bottle in the upright position. This is perfect for use during running, because you can carry on looking where you are going instead of tilting your head up and risking running into someone or something, or just losing your balance and taking a tumble.

There have been absolutely no problems with leakage at all, as long as I ensure the top is twisted in the right direction to lock it. It holds a decent amount of liquid, so you don't run out too quickly and it isn't too heavy to carry, even when it is full. The bottle shape makes it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand.

I have been extremely impressed and happy with this product and would recommend it to anyone.
on 30 April 2013
This took a bit of getting used to because drinking from it is different than most sports bottles, but it's fine. I do wish it were just a little bit smaller, or that there were a smaller version--500ml would be perfect for me
on 29 April 2016
Really fun product to show off the 'no drips' claim that actually is true, even got a fellow care home resident wondering about this as they go to a gym unlike me for health reasons, but what more can i say really, its user friendly, does what its meant to and is really a talking point piece unlike other 'types' of bottles because of the features like the straw and the no drip lock function which to unknowing people provides a little more to talk to about as it makes it look even more in the now
on 25 June 2015
I am a regular gym goer and like to remain hydrated. This is an ideal product as you can take plenty of regular sips. There's no need to bite and pull with your teeth like with normal hydration bottles. It remains sealed at all times you're not drinking so no spillages. It doesn't taste of plastic. It's easy to clean. It's easy to carry and to hold. It's just the perfect mash-up between the ease of Camelbak drinking and your traditional water bottle.

One small design flaw is that the air moving in to replace the water you suck out makes a really high pitched sound! It's pretty subtle but in the gym you get the odd person looking around for the mysterious noise...