on 30 October 2017
Use this in conjunction with my Avalanche backpack for backcountry skiing as the ava pack cannot have a hydropack attachment. Only need 500ml for a std off piste day but for all day backpacking in the mountains?, maybe 1 Litre water. The CamelBak bite valve is top quality , I carry a spare one just in case it freezes up. The pack is worn under the ski jacket and being quite small and compact, it sits nicely between the shoulder blades and is no problem whilst skiing. It also means the tube is unlikely to freeze under the jacket . I keep it hidden under the neck cuff and use it only when I am standing still. The large screw cap for the water bag must be carefully screwed on to form a good waterproof seal. At the end of the season, clean it out with CamelBak water cleansing tablets.
on 13 October 2014
The bag is relatively small, and a big guy might think it was a bit too small. My 8 year old son uses when cycling it and it fits him perfectly. It has a 1.5 litre capacity which is very easy to get to, lift the flap and the opening is immediately available. It has a small pocket on the lower section on the rear of the bag to fit snacks and other such things.

It is very well made, and the bright green means my son is visible from a long distance away. The price was 25% cheaper than my local bike shop, so it was a bargain and well worth the money.
on 5 October 2014
I was looking for a way to carry water, keys and an inhaler when running without them being in my pockets in the way. The CamelBak is very well made and comfortable, a great size for my purpose. The only slight issue is the price, even though I feel it's great quality it is expensive I reckon £20 would of been better.
6 people found this helpful
on 18 December 2015
Good quality product (i've had lesser costing replicas which leaked all over my back leaving me with a wet back and a dry mouth).
Holds the water well (no wet back so far) and holds a good amount of water too.
My one criticism is the lack of room in the side pocket - only enough for some keys or a phone.
I've been told that the bigger versions have the space option to hold some water proofs (which would be very useful when I'm cycling)
on 14 January 2017
I bought this when we got a dog to use on walks & it's been used daily for 6 months now. Rucksack is of good quality, although on hot days you will get a bit of back sweat if wearing for long periods. The water bladder is perfect size for me. Takes a bit of getting used to in terms of how it opens & closes as the screw cap is very wide, & you have to lay it completely flat onto the hole then do a quarter turn. Once closed however I have never experienced any leaks.
on 4 December 2015
Thought I'd try this after I got fed up of waist pack water bottles. Couldn't afford the latest Camelback hydrobak incarnation with the chest strap as it is so much more expensive than this one. Found this to be perfectly adequate for the job. Have used camelbak type water systems previously to good effect; this one is easy to clean and fill. No space for anything else though.
on 10 June 2016
I use this on my daily MTB ride. Pros: light, comfortable to wear, well made. Cons: impossible to fill the bladder to the limit; not enough space for wallet+phone+keys. Ideal if you're just popping out for a couple of hours and want to maintain hydration, not so good for a day on the trails. Recommended.
on 25 October 2014
Small neat but could do with a bigger storage pocket. I'd like a bit of space for a phone or a wallet. The zip pocket can only really accomodate car keys and loose change.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2018
Amazing backpack for run.
on 17 October 2016
I stopped using it as my water kept tasting of plastic and i was concerned as to health effects with prolonged used