- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Peachpit Press; Pap/Dvdr edition (29 Mar. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321772792
- ISBN-13: 978-0321772794
- Product Dimensions: 22.7 x 1.2 x 22.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,408,616 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Calvinize: Signature Techniques of Photoshop Artist Calvin Hollywood Paperback – 29 Mar 2011
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Calvin Hollywood, a photo artist from Heidelberg, Germany, turns photography and image editing into a world of fantasy. He has been sharing this world in seminars and workshops throughout Germany for many years now, and recently began hosting training events in the U.S. as well. Learn more about Calvin at: http://www.calvinhollywood-blog.com/.
Top Customer Reviews
Throughout the book he comments on the reasons behind his style and gives some insight into the creative process. However - and this is my only negative point - the book does not contain any detailed step-by-step guides on how to achieve the Calvinized "look", something that the title of the book implies (in my opinion).
HOWEVER - The accompanying DVD means that this point is pretty much insignificant. It is outstanding value, containing very valuable video tutorials and walkthroughs that detail the process in a very easy to follow, entertaining fashion. The interface is great and the production quality of the videos is high.
If you're already a fan of Mr Hollywood, the book alone would be reasonable value, but if you're interested in Photoshop and want to experiment with Calvin's techniques, the DVD and the featured tutorials make this a "must-have".
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great purchase, not much text in the book but quite a few great tricks for post production. Definitely worth its price!Published on 20 Feb. 2014 by Lukasz Chmielewski
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Techniques & Tips
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation