- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: New Harbinger (16 May 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1608825264
- ISBN-13: 978-1608825264
- Product Dimensions: 12.4 x 1.5 x 17.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 625,157 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Calming the Rush of Panic: A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Guide to Freeing Yourself from Panic Attacks and Living a Vital Life Paperback – 16 May 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Grounded in the experiential and direct, this pragmatic approach will help you become intimate with the taste, touch, and 'mind' of fear. Of course, no one wants to look closely at such painful experiences. Yet, deftly guided by the authors into developing a clear-minded relationship with the unwanted, you'll learn to catalyze within yourself the openness, kindness, clarity, and love that have the power to liberate and release you from the knot of panic."
--Saki Santorelli, EdD, MA, associate professor of medicine at Massachusetts Medical School and author of "Heal Thy Self"
About the Author
Bob Stahl, PhD, founded and directs mindfulness-based stress reduction programs in six medical centers in the San Francisco Bay area. A long-time mindfulness practitioner, Bob lived in a Buddhist monastery for 81/2 years and is currently a Vipassana meditation teacher at Vipassana Santa Cruz and Spirit Rock Meditation Center . Bob has completed MBSR teacher certification at University of Massachusetts Medical Center. Dr. Stahl also serves as an Adjunct Senior Teacher for Oasis - the institute for mindfulness-based professional education and innovation of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the UMasss Medical School. He has given numerous presentations at the International Mindfulness-based Intervention conference at UMass Medical Center and also conducts mindfulness meditation retreats and workshops for health care professionals, corporations, and educational institutions, which is where Wendy first met Bob at a retreat at Commonweal in Bolinas, CA.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > Meditation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Health Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z