- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Call the Midwife: Christmas Special [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£4.50 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Christmas is coming, and in Poplar the midwives of Nonnatus House are busier than ever. When an abandoned baby is discovered on the steps of the convent, the whole community rallies round to provide food and clothing, and to try and trace his mother. Nurse Jenny Lee (Jessica Raine) meanwhile, gets caught up in the heartbreaking mystery that surrounds an elderly, semi-vagrant local woman, Mrs Jenkins (Sheila Reid). For newly married Chummy (Miranda Hart), other challenges await, as she pulls out all the stops to mount a truly memorable children's nativity play.
The Christmas special of the BBC drama, adapted from Jennifer Worth's memoirs, about a group of midwives working in East London in the 1950s. The discovery of an abandoned baby on the convent's doorstep proves to be a catalyst, as the community come together to try to trace the baby's mother. Meanwhile, Jenny Lee (Jessica Raine) finds herself drawn into the mystery surrounding elderly local woman Mrs Jenkins (Sheila Reid), while Chummy (Miranda Hart) is determined to stage an unforgettable nativity play.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I would give it six stars if I could.
However please BE WARNED. Do not by this if you are buying the Series 1-3 or Series 1-4 Box sets as this and all the Christmas Specials are Included in the box sets, so you will Not Need to buy this.
But that's not the fault of the series itself, or the story being told here. If you love Call the Midwife you'll love this - if you don't, you probably won't even have a reason to read this review!!