Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.94

on 31 August 2012
Dani is a beautiful, sexy, clever PI who is having trouble deciding her sexuality. Torn between her loyalty to her husband and excited by her physical attraction to her best girlfriend she navigates this sensitively whilst tracking down a fiendish pedophile with a surprising and life changing result. John Locke is a master of dialogue with great one liners that leave you in stitches. He cleverly weaves characters from his other novels into this book and you can tell from the very first sentence that this is going to be a classic Locke novel. Great, black comedy and a definite recommendation.
on 14 December 2013
This started with promise (although I've no idea whatsoever why the leading lady is listed as the author-that is beyond bizarre).....anyway, it started well and I'd bought it as it was the prequel to Promise You Won't Tell. But it descended into farce and I packed it in halfway through. I am quite disappointed. I knew it was humourous from reviews I'd seen but I don't like slapstick and so I ended up disliking it intensely. I don't understand why the author took it in that direction.
I liked Dani at first but she sounds to me more like the author's ideal woman who would maybe behave the way he'd like her to and her whole lifestyle and set-up was a big turn-off to me.
Then what totally ruined it for me was the name of a legal company-Conner, Palate, Tonsil and Uvula. I thought at first it was a joke that would be explained in a couple of pages but no, it was for real and finished it for me. Just a ridiculous thing to have done. I won't bother with the sequel now, either.
I've never seen ji-normous spelt with a j and not a g but that was the only mistake and earned it an extra star, though.
on 11 May 2013
Funny at times. Found the plot to be a little confusing at times but the writer pulls it off in the end. okay for a bit of light reading.
on 11 April 2016
This was a good page turner. The author has a strange way of writing, almost as if he's trying to convince you that the central character, Dani Ripper, is a real person.

The story keeps you guessing though.
on 8 September 2014
Alright book, with a good plot really, it's just such a shame it wasn't written in a way as to do it justice. Couldn't help but feel that certain parts were glaringly stereotypical, if not sexist, and I think the author may have enjoyed writing the lesbian/bi storyline a little too much! I found the focus odd at best!
Nevertheless, I don't think it was a bad book at all and had some great twists, even if the end was a little.. stretched!
on 23 May 2013
I read 'Promise you wont tell' before I read this book and have to say it really didn't spoil my enjoyment to much. I read this in three session which I've not done recently, which just goes to show how good the story is and how difficult it is to put down. I like the stories and the humour and the twists though of course some are predictable (ish) I have just downloaded three more books by this author and am starting on the first of the 'Creed' stories shortly. Having downloaded a free book by this author, and a free book from Oliver Tidy, I happy that I have found two new authors whose books I am thoroughly enjoying.
If nothing else they have to be worth having a look at, I mean what exactly do you have to lose????????????
on 23 January 2014
This was my first book by the author and I couldn't put it down. I loved the twists and turns and the parts of the plot that I couldn't anticipate or work out. The characters were believable and the situations realistic.

Only on little nit pick is when Danni was asked how long she had been bi-sexual, you either are or not it's not a decision but that's just me being pedantic. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and will certainly be putting more on my Kindle by this author .
on 9 May 2013
After reading "Promise you won't tell" (which was free on Amazon) and enjoying it I saw "Call Me" for 66p and thought "what have I got to lose?". I should have read "Promise you won't tell" as it was written first but that doesn't really hinder the story just would have made a bit more sense. I really liked the main character Dani Ripper and the easy reading writing style of the author.
on 15 April 2014
I gave this a five star as I thought it was quite amusing at times, but Saddish in other parts. There a bit of romance and some crime thrown in for good measure. It's not a long book, so it's probably good if you don't like long winded stories.
I would recommend to anyone!
on 3 June 2014
Unfortunately I read "promise you won't tell" before this and it summarises what happened to her in this book. Although I knew the outcome I still enjoyed it. His style isn't overly descriptive but the pace of the story line keeps your interest.