- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)
|Price:||£15.25 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Final Battles: Call of Duty: World at War forces players to survive the final climactic days of a world at war to thwart the advance of Axis powers on multiple fronts from Europe to the Pacific - delivering the hallmark Call of Duty cinematic intensity on a worldwide scale. Play as a U.S. Marine or Russian conscript across a variety of European and Pacific infantry, vehicle and airborne missions.
- Co-Op Campaign Mode: "No One Fights Alone" takes on new meaning as players can complete the entire single-player campaign with up to four players online or two players via split-screen (both online and offline). Strategising with others provides gameplay diversity, replayability and engagement.
- Addictive Multiplayer: Call of Duty: World at War continues the addictive and leading class-based multiplayer action. The addition of vehicles to the highly-successful Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer that already includes persistent experience, player rankings, upgradeable weapons, squad-based gameplay, map scripting, customisable classes and perks, brings a new dimension to Call of Duty online warfare.
- Unprecedented WWII Cinematic Quality: Utilising the jaw-dropping and revolutionary Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War delivers an unprecedented level of visual and cinematic effects to WWII. Highly-detailed character models, self-shadowing, environmental lighting and amazing special effects up the WWII authenticity to new heights. Depth of field, rim-lighting and texture-streaming technology bring the adrenaline-pumping combat to life. Physics-enabled battlefields and destructible cover immerse players into the historic harrowing and dynamic combat.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360
Call of Duty returns, and to many people’s surprise, it’s going back to World War II. While original series creators Infinity Ward brought the series into the modern day, developer Treyarch are setting out to make the definitive historical first-person shooter.
|The Soviet attack on Berlin features intense street battles|
|Take on the Japanese navy as you board a U.S. flying boat|
|World at War features the most realistic fire effects ever|
|The new ability to swim adds to both the story and multiplayer modes|
The game is primarily set in the Pacific theatre and has a much more realistic, violent tone requiring less-linear game play than previous Call of Duty installments. You'll struggle to survive Japanese attacks without mastering new gaming skills, like swimming or how to use a flamethrower--a weapon that packs some punch in the fully destructable game world.
Also featured is a campaign on the Eastern front, where you take control of a soldier in the Soviet Red Army during the attack on Berlin in the closing stages of the war. The game also includes the series’ first co-op mode, while the competitive multiplayer mode aims to build upon the achievements of Call of Duty 4 and add to the game’s longevity.Key Features
- Dual campaigns: Fight in two very different World War II battles. Take on the Japanese Imperial army in the Pacific, and liberate Berlin as part of the Soviet Red Army.
- Grim realities: Experience the most bloody and realistic combat ever seen in the series, as you witness enemy atrocities and wield horrific new weapons such as the flamethrower.
- Job with benefits: Revamped competitive multiplayer mode features useable vehicles and an expanded perks system from Call of Duty 4.
- Brothers in arms: For the first time, a Call of Duty game features a four-player co-operative mode that’s playable online or via a split screen option on the same console.
- Modern graphics: The game uses an enhanced version of the Call of Duty 4 graphics engine, with wood that splinters realistically when shot and fires that spread organically.
One of publisher Activision’s biggest internal studios, Treyarch have worked on many of the company’s best known titles, from the Spider-Man movie tie-ins and spin-offs to several of the Call of Duty sequels and the new James Bond game, Quantum of Solace.
Call of Duty: World at War completely changes the rules of engagement by redefining WWII gaming and thrusting players into the final tension-filled, unforgiving battles against a new ferocious enemy in the most dangerous and suspenseful action ever seen in WWII.
Powered by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare technology, Call of Duty: World at Warbrings an uncensored edge to combat, as soldiers face the most harrowing and climatic European and Pacific battles in which an enemy, who knows no surrender and no retreat, will fight to the last breath, unleashing an arsenal of lethal surprising tactics. Peril and danger lurk throughout the battlefield as players combat the unknown risk of the new chaos of battle.
From the remains of Russia and the ruins of Berlin, to the beach and jungles of the deadly Pacific Theater, the volatile action takes on added depth as players employ new features that previously were only-available in multiplayer, including perks, rankings and online stats in up-to full four-player cooperative gameplay. New infantry and vehicle-based weapons, like the potent flamethrower, bring the battlefield ablaze.
Final Battles: Call of Duty: World at War forces players to survive the final climactic days of a world at war to thwart the advance of Axis powers on multiple fronts from Europe to the Pacific – delivering the hallmark Call of Duty cinematic intensity on a worldwide scale. Play as a U.S. Marine or Russian conscript across a variety of European and Pacific infantry, vehicle and airborne missions. An all new depth of WWII-era combat variety, from the tactics and weapons to the unique and varying locations that traverse the ruins of Western Europe all the way to the harsh, wetlands of Imperial Japan, immerses gamers into an adrenaline-filled, epic struggle.
Co-Op Campaign Mode: "No One Fights Alone" takes on new meaning as players can complete the entire single player campaign with up to four players online or two players via split-screen (both online and offline). Strategizing with others provides gameplay diversity, replayability and engagement. Complete unique co-op challenges to earn rewards and bragging rights.
Addictive Multiplayer: Call of Duty: World at War continues the addictive and leading class-based multiplayer action. The addition of vehicles to the highly-successful Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer that already includes persistent experience, player rankings, upgradeable weapons, squad-based gameplay, map scripting, customizable classes and perks, brings a new dimension to Call of Duty online warfare.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
But it seems to work with little issues so im overall pleased
And obviously the game is incredible
Most recent customer reviews