Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year Edition (PC)
|Price:||£5.90 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Game of the year - The game has secured more than 15 perfect score reviews, and more than 50 combined Editor's Choice and Game of the Year awards
- Authentic advanced weaponry - With more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear, including assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines,. 50 caliber sniper rifles, machine guns, night-vision goggles, and ghillie suits for maximum concealment, Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare has players locked and loaded to accomplish their mission.
- Coordinated assault and support - Rapid deployment gives gamers an adrenaline rush as they fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds, and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state of the art aerial gunship
- Cinematic quality graphics and sound
- Unparalleled depth of multiplayer - Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty 2, delivering a persistent online experience for greater community interaction
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows XP / Vista
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PC | Edition: Game of the Year
Great Games and Accessories for the PC from Gamesbuyer.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the action thriller from the award-winning team at Infinity Ward, the creators of the Call of Duty series, delivers the most intense and cinematic action experience ever.
Armed with an arsenal of advanced and powerful modern-day firepower, players are transported to treacherous hotspots around the globe to take on a rogue enemy group threatening the world. As both a U.S. Marine and British S.A.S. soldier fighting through an unfolding story full of twists and turns, players use sophisticated technology, superior firepower, and coordinated land and air strikes on a battlefield where speed, accuracy, and communication are essential to victory.
The epic title also delivers an added depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new community of persistence, addictive, and customizable gameplay.
- Authentic advanced weaponry: Featuring an available arsenal of more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear from assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, and M-249 SAW machine guns. With accessories like night-vision goggles and ghillie suits for maximum concealment, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has players locked and loaded to accomplish the mission.
- Coordinated assault and support: Delivering the most visceral action thriller ever, the title covers modern battle from the soldier to the satellite, where the need for air support is critical to success. The adrenaline rush deployment enlists gamers to fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds, and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state-of-the-art aerial gunship.
- Cinematic-quality graphics and sound: Featuring stunning next-generation graphics, players will be drawn into the cinematic intensity of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Amazing special effects, including realistic depth of field, rim-lighting, character self-shadowing, texture streaming, as well as physics-enabled effects, will enlist players into the most photo-realistic gaming experience. Combine the lifelike graphics and the realistic battle chatter with the Call of Duty award-winning sound design and players will face battle as they never have before.
- Unparalleled depth to multiplayer: Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty 2 delivering a persistent online experience for greater community interaction. Featuring create-a-class options allowing players to customize gear that is best suited for play, to experience points enabling unlockables and perks, all the way to matchmaking and leaderboards for the latest in tracking, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's multiplayer is set to deliver easily accessible and addictive online play for all.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Looks lovely, nice lighting, shadows, textures etc. I don't have a state-of-the art system (7800 GT card) but it still runs smooth without horrid clipping issues and freezes.
It's easy on easy mode and Hard on Hard mode (amazing how many games get this wrong!)
1 player has decent replayability to collect cheats etc if you're into that sort of thing.
No horrible intrusive DRM or 'internet only' copy-protection, just good old-fasioned type-in-a-code and it works installation.
Multiplayer is really fantastic, if a bit of a steep learning curve. maps are interesting and not too symmetrical- (a big bug-bear of mine!)
Weapons are customizable which makes for hours of fun unlocking components and trying to master them all.
Only annoying thing really about the Multiplayer is the 'Air support' feature- you can call in airstrike or chopper on 5 + 7 kills (so airstike usually usually turns in to heli) then, as high kill-streaks are pretty common, you can be stuck unable to use your heli all round as 15 other players also have it and you can only use it 1 at a time. This can also Heavily distort the scores and mean they aren't always reflective of players skill.
That's really a small gripe though. Rest of the game if ace. Go Buy it.
It has an excellent story line. Surprisingly (and pleasingly for us Brits), the lion's share of the action is with the SAS. The acting is good (and amusing in a non-politically correct fashion at times).
I was stunned by the graphics. They are almost cinematic. Of course, graphics alone don't make a game but in this case it helps immerse you in the story. The realistic scenery, coupled with the physics make it feel real.
Bullets can now pass through some materials (eg walls). It's no longer possible for you (or your enemies) to take cover behind a sheet of paper.
There are two breaks from the all-out action. One is a stealth sniper mission. Normally, I find those pretty boring in a shooter game. Not this time. I loved it. There is also a mission where you act as a gunner in an AC130 Spectre. You sit in complete safety as you blast the enemy with an assortment of lethal weapons. Your only worry is blowing your own side to smithereens.
In the old days, I would always put tactical shooters ahead of FPS corridor shooters. However, the latest tactical shooters have been "dumbed down"(except, maybe Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior). CoD4 is linear with no direct control over squad mates. Nevertheless it's a great substitute for that feeling of reality that tactical shooters used to provide.
If you are new to Call of Duty FPS games, the series has become a bit of a cliche to many. Massive marketing campaigns, cranking out an annual "black ops" instalments, short single-player campaigns, with a big focus on multiplayer. People who love them, love them. Others, not so much. Modern warfare is the first "modern" COD game, moving the action on from WW2. Personally, I found the single player campaign short (they all are) but engaging, high energy and fun. Your health regenerates over time ( no health packs needed!) and the gun play feels solid and responsive. Yes, the plot is nonsense (I won't spoil the plot (if you really want to know, it's on wiki!)), but it is high energy and I did find myself quite liking the gruff Captain Price. I haven't really played the multi-player (not really my thing, to be honest), but there are many reviews on this, below. The game is high energy, playing sometimes, as a member of a squad, which you don't control, with lots of intense firefights.
I would recommend it as a budget, bit of fun, FPS. 3 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game no complaints really unfortunately there's not many players online.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Games arrived safely and well packed. Game worked first time no problems.Published 2 months ago by MalBet