- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.99 UK delivery
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
- Game of the year - The game has secured more than 15 perfect score reviews, and more than 50 combined Editor's Choice and Game of the Year awards
- Authentic advanced weaponry - With more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear, including assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines,. 50 caliber sniper rifles, machine guns, night-vision goggles, and ghillie suits for maximum concealment, Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare has players locked and loaded to accomplish their mission.
- Coordinated assault and support - Rapid deployment gives gamers an adrenaline rush as they fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds, and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state of the art aerial gunship
- Cinematic quality graphics and sound
- Unparalleled depth of multiplayer - Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty 2, delivering a persistent online experience for greater community interaction
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 16 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 16. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 16 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the action thriller from the award-winning team at Infinity Ward, the creators of the Call of Duty series, delivers the most intense and cinematic action experience ever.
Armed with an arsenal of advanced and powerful modern-day firepower, players are transported to treacherous hotspots around the globe to take on a rogue enemy group threatening the world. As both a U.S. Marine and British S.A.S. soldier fighting through an unfolding story full of twists and turns, players use sophisticated technology, superior firepower, and coordinated land and air strikes on a battlefield where speed, accuracy, and communication are essential to victory.
The epic title also delivers an added depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new community of persistence, addictive, and customizable gameplay.
- Authentic advanced weaponry: Featuring an available arsenal of more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear from assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, and M-249 SAW machine guns. With accessories like night-vision goggles and ghillie suits for maximum concealment, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has players locked and loaded to accomplish the mission.
- Coordinated assault and support: Delivering the most visceral action thriller ever, the title covers modern battle from the soldier to the satellite, where the need for air support is critical to success. The adrenaline rush deployment enlists gamers to fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds, and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state-of-the-art aerial gunship.
- Cinematic-quality graphics and sound: Featuring stunning next-generation graphics, players will be drawn into the cinematic intensity of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Amazing special effects, including realistic depth of field, rim-lighting, character self-shadowing, texture streaming, as well as physics-enabled effects, will enlist players into the most photo-realistic gaming experience. Combine the lifelike graphics and the realistic battle chatter with the Call of Duty award-winning sound design and players will face battle as they never have before.
- Unparalleled depth to multiplayer: Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty 2 delivering a persistent online experience for greater community interaction. Featuring create-a-class options allowing players to customize gear that is best suited for play, to experience points enabling unlockables and perks, all the way to matchmaking and leaderboards for the latest in tracking, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's multiplayer is set to deliver easily accessible and addictive online play for all.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On to the new version. Firstly the campaign. It is nothing short of epic. Every level is a masterpiece in engaging the player in the surroundings and sucking them into enormous firefights that are truly spectacular. The atmosphere in the levels is very intense and leads to an extremely dramatic conclusion at the end. Overall, the campaign is, admittedly, short, however, if you jump in on the harder difficulties you'll find it a lot more challenging, especially veteran difficulty.
Online play is where this game excels. With the ability to create custom classes and upgrade weaponry with scopes and camouflages, it truly makes for an epic experience. This is, without doubt, the best online game i have ever played, beating gears of war pretty much hands down which is one hell of an accomplishment as gears is still one of my favorite online games.
Overall, the Graphics are stunning, one of the best on any console. The campaign is short but incredibly sweet. But online is where this game truly excels. Be warned, if you buy this title, you won't be playing anything else for months!
The extra levels are NOT INCLUDED on disk. You have to download them. In the pack you get a code, which you enter on a web site. You then recieve a "redeem" code for Xbox Live. Enter this code and then down load.
Why is this an issue? I bought the GOTY version based on all the adverts and thinking the levels were on disk. Had I known prior to purchase they were not, I would have bought second hand and then bought the levels thus saving around £5. But more importantly, I would have made a reasoned decision based on the info given.
Remember, if you download you can't sell on. You can't recover your investment. So the GOTY version will not have the equivalent value had it included the levels on disk. Wanna see a GOTY of real value check out Oblivion GOTY, all Extra levels including Downloads on disk.
As I said not just an issue for Amazon but for all UK based advertising.
And Qudos to Amazon for allowing buyers to give this info in the reviews. Game and Play delete these reviews (to prevent lost sales?)
The multiplayer is superb. All the standard game types are available and you can play online or offline with your friends. Games range in size of up to about 8 a side and are a pretty frantic affair, with players having the ability to call in air strikes and attack choppers if they get high enough kill streaks.
In most modes, a class system is used, where you set your guns, perks and grenade types ahead of time and don't have to worry about running around picking up extra guns unless you want to.
This on its own is great fun and would keep me entertained for a long time. Add to this levelling up of your guns and perks to add new camouflage and sights and you have a timeless classic.
When compared to Call of duty 5 'World at War', the online seems to be much the same, although the guns in CoD 5 are of course from the world war 2 era and so, in my opinion, much less fun.
Buy this game now.
Right, on with the main game. The most stunning thing about this game that you immediately notice is the graphics, they are absolutely unbelieveable and look gorgeous, even on a non-HD tv. On HD, it looks even better. Even when turning your head/camera, the graphics stay as smooth/crisp as ever. The controls are also sublime and are very intuitive.
The single player element to this game is cracking and is an excellent storyline. The levels for each of the missions are brilliantly designed, and offer just the right difficulty curve to keep you hooked and to consistently challenge you. It is great fun, and is definitely worth a couple of replays at higher difficulty levels to get the full experience. The only issue with the single player, as has been mentioned several times before, is that it doesn't last very long. You could easily do the single player campaign in a day. If anything, I think this is a testament to the enjoyability of the single player missions that you don't want to put it down, and would rather carry on playing it till the end!
BUT, multiplayer is where this game is at. Currently, CoD4 is the most played game on Xbox live, and with good reason. It takes all the brilliant graphics, level design and weapons handling and chucks them into an extremely user friendly lobby/server system, which will have you playing in a minute at most. On most of the game modes, you can respawn within a second, which is great when you just want to get on with the fight. Probably the best feature to CoD4 (and FPS as a whole) is the Killcam. This gives you a quick 5 second replay of your death, from your killer's point of view, and is extremely useful in exposing your flaws, things you can improve etc. The other great feature is the ranking system, and the perks/weapons you can unlock as you build up experience. Once you get to the highest level, you can even reset your rank (this is called prestige)and start again with the basic weapons to work your way up again, but with a unique rank badge for that level of prestige (10 in total). This only resets your rank and weapon availability, your total kills/score is still kept on the leaderboard.
The only downside to CoD4 is that it doesn't have the Rainbow Six Vegas feature of cover behind a wall (and peeking around/blind fire) if it had that, this game would be 100% perfect.
If you haven't bought this game by now, what are you doing? Get involved ASAP, before they release CoD5 and everyone jumps ship to that!
Most recent customer reviews