Call the Dead Again Paperback – 13 Aug 1998
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I worked out who the murderer was quite quickly and what the murder weapon was but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the story. I thought the book was well plotted in spite of this and there are plenty of clues. I think there are maybe not enough suspects but it was still interesting seeing how the evidence is pieced together by Superintendent Alan Markby and his team.
If you like your crime novels low key with interesting characters and backgrounds then this series might be worth a try. The novels are best read in the order in which they were written because of the development of the relationship between the main characters.
1. knowing 'who done it' from about three chapters in (or was it two?)
2. a formulaic plot (yes, I know, probably an unfair comment, it's one reason we buy 'who done its' isn't it?)
3. a sense that the author was going through the motions and not putting any effort into it (bills to pay I expect)...
This was just about okay.
I've read a fair few of this series over the years, and there really was a sludgy feel to this book; it actually took me several tries to get through the first few pages. I wonder if Ms Granger is going off her main characters and really couldn't be fagged to put a bit more zip into her prose?
I thought the Meredith and Alan storyline, was going to move on a little but no, and it is getting boring, this is the 11th book and therefore it must be some years since they met its unbelievable .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The product was a described and in excellent condition. An enoyable read. Not really much much I can add!! ThanksPublished on 15 Jun. 2014 by Jane Taylor
brilliant now finding the ones missing from the set about 15 to the set so when I find second hand that do not cost much plus in good condition very happyPublished on 21 April 2014 by denise