- Product Dimensions: 17.5 x 11.4 x 3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 45 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Item model number: 202025-BLACK
- ASIN: B00ETD2KGQ
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 28 Oct. 2013
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (88 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 51,157 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Cable Matters 4-Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Mini "Quad" Hub in Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- LIGHTWEIGHT HUB - Mini USB hub immediately expands a single USB port from your laptop, notebook, tablet, or docking station into a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 hub that supports 4 USB peripherals
- COMPACT DESIGN FOR TRAVEL- quad design provides roomy access to all four ports simultaneously without blocking each other; An integrated 8 inch flexible cable tail that tucks back into the hub for carrying in your laptop bag pocket
- PC & MAC & LINUX COMPANIONS - Universal USB 3.0 hub with bus-powered design requires no bulky power adapter and provides over-current protection to safeguard your valuable devices
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 - Enjoy up to a 5 Gbps data transfer rate that is 10x faster than USB 2.0; Migrate files fast from a USB 3.0 flash drive or external hard disk drive while maintaining backwards compatibility with USB 2.0/1.x
- ENGINEERED TO LAST - Save wear and tear on the USB port of your tablet from constant unplugging and re-plugging of USB devices; Molded strain-relief connectors provide long life with frequent use
Customers also shopped for
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This portable and practical USB-Hub provides an easy connection for up to 4 USB devices such as flash drives, keyboards, or mice. The "Quad" design provides simple and spacious connections with features such as hot-swapping and a blue LED status indicator. Over-voltage, fault current and failure protection is also integrated into the Hub.
* Hub will charge iPhone und iPod (NOT iPad) over the USB ports
* The data transfer rate is limited by the USB bus on your computer
* Direct connection to USB 3.0 port is recommended for the best performance
* Supports Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000/ME
* Supports Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.9 and some Linux kernals
* The USB hub cannot provide power to multiple devices with a combined current over 5 volts 900 mA (like a 3.5" external hard drive).
* 1 x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Typ A - Male
* 4 x USB 3.0 - Female
* Backward compatibility with USB 1.x/2.0 devices
* Built-in Overvoltage / Overcurrent / Leakage and Short-Circuit protection unit
Top Customer Reviews
Very Sturdy, with a very solid and well fitted, 20cm (to end of USB plug) cable with no fear of it coming of the main body, unlike some other such units. I suppose it would have been easier to pack and carry if the cable was detachable, but this is a small point about convenience.
The 4 USB Ports work very well and feel solid enough. A USB-3 Hub boasts greater Speed and this unit is also backwards compatible, which makes it very versetile and the only such 4 Port unit you may need.
It is to Cable Matters' credit that proper specifications are provided on Amazon and the unit comes in its own box and not in just bubblewrap like some cheaper similar products.
The only gripe is that the specifications should have included a Physical Description, mentioning the Cable Length and the Dimensions of the unit. I, for one, was very influenced by the term 'Ultra Mini' when I decided to buy it for portability and expected it to be as compact as the Akasa AK-HB-078K which is only 4 x 4.5 x 1 cm and is also a 4-Port but only a USB 2 and its attached 10cm Cable is very thin and flimsy. The Cable Matters Hub, though, is 7.1 x 7.1 x 1.2 cm, which makes it x 2.5 times the bulk of the Akasa. I would, therefore, not consider the Cable Matters Hub to be classed as 'Ultra Mini', but at best Compact, Flat and Practical.
So, one star deducted for the misleading description, mainly, and for the slightly inconvenient, though well fitted, fixed cable. Otherwise it is an excellent product and strongly recommended.
I had a look inside and whilst the circuit board had a lot of wiring tracks (USB3 uses more pins) there were only a few components and I am sure it could have been smaller.
Oddly there was nothing on it to indicate USB3, not even the SS logo on the plug. I have now scratched USB3 onto it.
Personally I prefer not to have a shiny blue power-on light, that is a preference not a criticism. I clipped it off quite easily though.
So I thought ok, ill fix this as it may be my laptop. Changed all the power management settings, USB settings and device settings to make sure it is not being turned off to save power and yet it still does it. I am hoping there is a fix and some support from the company, if I can get it sorted I will update this review, but until then, be wary!
|Length: 5:47 Mins|
I have to say, although this USB Hub comes with some drawbacks, the USB Hub is a quite good product that has a pretty good bang-for-the-buck ratio. I think it'll be just easier for you to understand if I went over the pros and cons, so here they are:
- Very lightweight and compact
- Cable is not excessively long, allowing for easy storage and portability
- Cable is flexible and very sturdy - won't break anytime soon
- The USB 3.0 Ports have EXTREMELY fast file transfer speeds (check the video for actual results)
- The ports being on 4 sides rather than all on 1 side is somewhat inconvenient for me, but it differs from one person's taste to another
- The hub is somewhat prone to scratches - just make sure your desk or ground is clean when using the hub.
- Cable can be somewhat short or long, depending on your taste (check video for details)
All in all, I would definitely say that this product is worth the money!
Arrived on the date stated, nothing more can be said about it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works well, but not suitable for use with mouse as it sends packages rather than constant connection.Published 14 months ago by Ben
A good, reliable, unpowered hub, probably bigger than you think it's going to be, but as light and portable as such things can reasonably be expected to be.Published 18 months ago by Jon
Work's perfectly, I can plug in both my USB External Hard drives without any power issues.Published 19 months ago by Lewis