on 25 May 2015
Finally! I got a new TV a year or two ago now (man how time flies!) but it only has two HDMI slots. Unfortunately I have need of a Sky Box, two consoles and my laptop to plug into it on a regular basis.

Taking each HDMI in and out will eventually wear out the TV and that is clearly not good. This turns your 1 HDMI into three.

It doesn't need mains power it just works as plug and play.

When running it will automatically switch to whatever device powers on at any given moment. So if you turn on your PS3 for example it will auto connect to the PS3. If you then turn on your PS4 which is also connected it will automatically switch to the PS4. To get back to the PS3 you then have to click the button on top and cycle through.

All in all a great device.
on 12 May 2015
Hooray! An HDMI switch that actually works!

I bought this after my powered Neet 5-way switch refused to work with several devices. I didn't really have high hopes but amazingly this device works perfectly no matter what I throw at it - it even auto-switches with most things. So far I've tested it with a Playstation TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku 3, Game Capture HD II, YouView box, Xbox 360, Playstation 4 and several other devices which I have absolutely no real need of in my life. It works with all of them, although (of course) I can only plug three in at once. The three device limit is probably a good thing, though, otherwise I'd find reasons to buy even more completely unnecessary home entertainment devices.
on 8 December 2015
Edited:
December 2015
I have my PS4 and my PC connected to this. Switches between the PS4's and PC's video signal perfectly fine. Can't comment on audio as I haven't tested this on a TV. No fussy installation or drivers to install, simply plug the HDMI switch to the display and the HDMI's from the devices you want to connect to the HDMI ports on the switch. To switch between which device you want working with the display, just press the button on the switch. It has a red LED on the switch that lights up to show which port is active. I bought this at £10.99 which is a decent price compared to other trustworthy sellers. Bought a HDMI switch previous to this which cost £2.75 and took about a month to deliver (shipped from China), It didn't work at all, waste of time and money. This one works and has same-day delivery.

August 2017
Still works great!
on 22 April 2014
I was skeptical about this but thought for the price, I would try.

I plugged both my Xbox and Playstation into this and the Xbox (in slot one as used more) was, if anything, clearer than straight into the TV (coincidence, maybe? Probably. Bonus, certainly)

I later turned on the PS (slot 2) and sure enough, this gadget knew I was using a different device and I did not have to do anything at all.

I only have 2 HDMI ports as my TV is quite a few years old, so this is exactly what I need. When I do finally upgrade my TV, it will still be useful as I won't need both consoles on at the same time and there will be no need to change channels or flick a switch (yes, yes that's very lazy, I know)

Looked sturdier than it does in the photo and really does what it says.
on 6 July 2014
I'd give this 5/5, but sometimes I have to switch through the three ports manually to my Xbox One, as it sometimes comes up in the wrong hertz mode, and working through the three channels manually is the only way to fix it. I never had this trouble before I got the 3 port switch, so I can only assume that that's what's causing the problem. 9/10 times it works fine though.

Apart from that occasional problem above, this little gadget works very well and automatically switches between your different HDMI devices. As others have said though, make sure that only the device that you want to use is switched on, otherwise. you will have to do the switching manually.
on 25 July 2016
After having issues with this item I was contacted by the seller who apologised and replaced the splitter free of charge. In light of the fact that the new splitter seems to be working I have revised my rating to four stars because the item seems fine and the customer service was really good. I would say if you have any problems e mail them, they are happy to help and very efficient.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2014
So far as I can see, there are two designs of HDMI splitters sold on Amazon. The square one and this one. Both are sold under various names by various outlets. I previously had the square one, branded Belkin. That was ok for a while but after a couple of months one input started flickering and generally being unwatchable. So for it's replacement, I decided to try this design.

It's been about a week, it's stopped automatically switching and one of the three inputs has started flickering. It's a different input device from before, so that can't be the problem. I've switched it to the third input and it's fine. However, I expect it's all downhill from there. Therefore at the moment it's 3 stars, if it goes the same way as the other design, it'll be none in a couple of months.
on 16 January 2015
Auto switches between my sky box and dvd player but doesn't pick up Apple TV - I have to do that manually. Substituted the HDMI cabe for a known good cable but no difference so can only conclude it is not compatible with Apple tv, which is a shame because that's why I bought it. Leaving a neutral rating because I don't know where the problem lies, but I certainly did not get the outcome I desired.

16/2/15 - I'm updating this review because after some excellent support from CSL, I now think that my problem might be an Apple TV incompatibility issue with the HDMI standard supported by the switch. All my other devices automatically switch. I believe this switch does exactly what it says, and can say that with fantastic customer support, I now have a working solution to my problem. Well done CSL - highly recommended. My advice would be, if you need a switch which works with Apple TV, buy one with a remote control so you can manually switch without having to access the back of your TV.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2015
Does the job and does it well.

Bought this due to having only one port on monitor for hdmi connectivity.

It does the job, and it does it well. As some other reviewers have said the auto-select for the hdmi port can be a bit hit and miss and does go haywire at times. But once you get round that issue by manually switching the hdmi port it's a great device. No noticeable degrade in quality or response or anything.

I have read here that the red light can be annoying and yes I have to agree. But you get used to it and it will probably be tucked behind some sort of screen anyway which will shield the glare if used in a bedroom, leaving a small light glow.
on 28 December 2014
Superb hdmi switcher works flawlessly I have a bush pvr in one socket with a Sony bluray in the other with one left spare. Switches automatically between devices on the description it says come with a remote this did not come with mine.

But totally happy with works spot on well worth the money.

Also delivered spot on too over Christmas period. Excellent service, excellent product buy with confidence ;-)