Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£14.50|
Save £1.41 (10%)
The CS Detective: An Algorithmic Tale of Crime, Conspiracy, and Computation 1st , Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 256 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The analogies while introducing the algorithms are very well thought out. I like the actual maze for back tracking and the array cart for transporting animals. There are fun references sprinkled throughout like the Brazen Booleans – want to guess that type of answers they give? And the Port of USB. There were also some references that are nice for parents reading this with a child (Intro to Turtle Graphics). The detective meets some fun characters like a wizard.
While I knew most of what was in the book, I hadn't learned (or had forgotten) about iterative deepening so I learned something new.
I read this book so I could recommend it to teenagers starting out with algorithms. It definitely fit the bill. I think adults would enjoy it as well. It's like Head First – fun to read and easy to retain the info. Then there's the interest to go read a harder book. The first half of this book is provided online by the publisher so you can decide for yourself if you like the style.
Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the publisher for reviewing it on behalf of CodeRanch.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Young Adult > Computers & Internet > General
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Computer Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Programming > Algorithms
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science & Technology > Computers & Internet