Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£14.50|
Save £3.91 (27%)
The CS Detective: An Algorithmic Tale of Crime, Conspiracy, and Computation 1st , Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 256 pages||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
The analogies while introducing the algorithms are very well thought out. I like the actual maze for back tracking and the array cart for transporting animals. There are fun references sprinkled throughout like the Brazen Booleans – want to guess that type of answers they give? And the Port of USB. There were also some references that are nice for parents reading this with a child (Intro to Turtle Graphics). The detective meets some fun characters like a wizard.
While I knew most of what was in the book, I hadn't learned (or had forgotten) about iterative deepening so I learned something new.
I read this book so I could recommend it to teenagers starting out with algorithms. It definitely fit the bill. I think adults would enjoy it as well. It's like Head First – fun to read and easy to retain the info. Then there's the interest to go read a harder book. The first half of this book is provided online by the publisher so you can decide for yourself if you like the style.
Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the publisher for reviewing it on behalf of CodeRanch.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Young Adult > Computers & Internet > General
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Computer Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Programming > Algorithms
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult