- Receive 1 Lifelong free when you purchase £20.00 or more of Dog Supplies offered by Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
CLIX CAR SAFE Extra Small
|Price:||£8.49 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£4.50 (35%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- The patented CLIX CarSafe Harness provides comfort for the dog, both in the car and whilst walking.
- It is extremely strong, secure and safe as it is made from safety-standard seat-belt material.
- Extremely comfortable, padded material, featuring a unique 'X-Cross' design for strength and security.
- Easy to fit and use - just plug directly into your seat-belt socket (not suitable for Volvo cars) or slide the existing seat belt through the loops in the harness handle
- Can also be used as an extremely comfortable walking harness.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Designed by Dr Roger Mugford, the CLIX CarSafe Harness has been developed to provide safety and comfort for your dog, both in the car and whilst walking.
From the Manufacturer
In addition to developing and producing our own products, we also import and distribute some of the world’s leading brands of pet products including Mr Muscle, Arm & Hammer, Pet Head, the Nina Ottosson range of interactive games, Sporn pet products and Homeopet.
COA’s portfolio is constantly evolving and developing and now boasts over 40 different product ranges. Popular products include the HALTI Headcollar, Baskerville Muzzle, Anxiety Wrap, Coachies Treats and the revolutionary hand-held Pet Corrector device which interrupts unwanted behaviour by a hiss of air. The CLIX range of training accessories is hugely popular amongst trainers and behaviourists and offers everything from whistles and canvas dummy's to long lines and treat bags.
The Company of Animals
Way back in 1979 Dr Roger Mugford, (now a world renowned animal psychologist) founded The Company of Animals as a vehicle to sell his inventions.
The Company is based on a 100 acre working farm in Surrey (England) and is just minutes away from the M25 and M3 with strategic connections to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.The site is also home to the Training and Behaviour Centre, which was also founded by Roger in 1979. The Training and Behaviour Centre is now regarded as one of the best in the country; specialising in all levels of dog training, offering behaviour consultations on veterinary referral as well as resolving legal issues about pets, in and out of court. This gives The Company Of Animals the unique advantage of being able to constantly research and develop new products to help resolve pet-related behaviour and training problems, as well as having a great base in which to test new designs and principles of animal training.
The primary drive for our company has always been to develop products that help owners and their pets find an enriched life and to improve animal welfare. The first and most famous product to be developed was the HALTI. Designed and developed by Roger, the HALTI was the first ever canine headcollar and has gone on to be the world favourite.
Today COA has suppliers, distributors and partners in over 60 different countries.
We believe that our products must improve the wellbeing of pets as well as helping their owners. For example, the HALTI Headcollar was designed to give owners effective control when walking their dogs without causing pain or damage to the dog's delicate throat area. The steering action of the HALTI is so effective that it led to the development of the HALTI Harness, which works on the same principle of front control, but from the chest.
What is the CLIX CarSafe Harness?
Designed by Dr Roger Mugford, the patented CLIX CarSafe Harness provides safety and comfort for the dog, both in the car and whilst walking.
How to fit?
Thanks to double-sided adjustment buckles, the harness clips together without the need to lift the dog's legs. The harness can be securely attached by either plugging straight into the seat-belt socket or by sliding the seat-belt through the extended handle.
Is it safe?
The CLIX CarSafe Harness is extremely strong, secure and safe as it is made from safety-standard seat-belt material. The 'X-Cross' feature over the chest provides a comfortable and ergonomic fit, whilst ensuring the harness remains in the optimum position over the strongest point on a dog's body.
- Although we recommend sizes by breed, these recommendations are representative of a typical adult dog. We would advise measuring your dogs chest measurement to help find the most appropriate size.
- WARNING: Not suitable for use in Volvo's
The CLIX Universal Seat Belt Restraint
The CLIX Universal Seat Belt Restraint allows you to safely attach your dog to the seat-belt socket using any harness.
Adjustable from 50-76cm
|Size||Chest measurements: inches||Breed|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Both harnesses are very well made and appear to be well thought out. I have not had the chance to try the harness out in the car but have tried it on our puppy to get the adjustment right.
With the Extra Small size it is immediately obvious that the part going round the dog's neck is very small and it will only be a matter of a week or two before the puppy's head will be too big to go through although the chest part will be generous for some months. There is no adjustment to the harness where it goes round the neck.
A Swedish Vallhund in size is similar to a large Corgi but on longer legs but the head is fairly narrow, so it is a surprise and disappointment that the harness is not adjustable around the neck.
We will however carry on with these harnesses and see how things work out.
My purchases were made through Mr Pets who have been very quick indeed in sending out the items and I would certainly not hesitate to buy from them again.
Added 15 August 2011: Our puppy is now 15 weeks old. The Extra Small harness is now too small in collar size and is very difficult to remove although the chest size has quite a bit of adjustment left to go. The Small size harness is still far too large to use. We are now left unable to use a safety harness in the car. This of course applies to our dog only and your experience may be different.
Added 16 September 2011: Our puppy is now nearly fully grown and the two Clix harnesses have been discarded. We bought an Ancol harness which is in constant use as it is far better designed and far more adaptable. Trial and error can be rather expensive!
We would recommend that others should take a serious look at the Ancol harness before making a decision.
Also, this prodect has a thick and wide strap at the front so does not dig into the dog during an accident, and the material is of the same quality as a seat belt strap for you and I, so will not snap.
Also, you can click the lead directly onto the harness when you want to let the dog out for a pee or a quick walk, so you don't have to take the dog in and out of the harness.
Keep your dog safe.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent in every aspect, only thing for me is the belt could be a little longer as my dog is tall and uncoordinated and has a bit trouble turning round!Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
I have different sizes in these and this one is just as good as ever- I only need new ones when the dogs get hold of them and eat them in the house!!Published 4 days ago by Lindsay Marquis
Looks good, took a bit of getting used to for dog and human to handle...BUT large GSD X had no trouble breaking free from seat belt restraint on a number of occasions so not... Read morePublished 6 days ago by carolinedunstable
Girth is adjustable, but strap seems slippery and doesn't hold at the correct length while the neck size is too small and not adjustable. Read morePublished 7 days ago by R O'Brien
Bought this for my 7 month old Chihuahua smallest size available but still to big. Good quality disappointed in size guide. May have to stop using:-(Published 14 days ago by Amazon Customer
Perfect once our puppy grew into it, although if he keeps growing there may be a problem with the head hole as it is non-adjustable. The rest of the harness is expandable.Published 25 days ago by Christina Hollis
Sadly the small size was to big for my tiny dog, so I had to return it. But I still believe that it worth the price.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer