CIW: Foundations Study Guide Hardcover – 8 Apr 2002
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Here s the book you need to prepare for exam 1D0–410, CIW Foundations.
This study guide provides:
- In–depth coverage of official exam objective groups
- Hundreds of challenging review questions, in the book and on the CD
- Leading–edge exam preparation software, including a testing engine and electronic flashcards
- Networking fundamentals
- OSI reference model
- TCP/IP protocol suite
- HTML basics and web page authoring tools
- Multimedia and active web content
- Risk assessment and security
- E–commerce fundamentals
About the Author
Patrick T. Lane is the Director of Courseware for ProsoftTraining.com. He assisted in the creation of the CIW program and the i–Accelerate program for Intel, Novell, and Microsoft professionals.
William Sodeman also helped develop the CIW certification program. He holds a Ph.D. in Strategic Management and Management Information Systems from the University of Georgia.
Emmett Dulaney is the author of more than 30 computer books. As the Director of Training for Mercury Technical Solutions, he specializes in certification (holding over a dozen certifications) and cross–platform integration.
Top customer reviews
I would recommend to anyone else taking this exam.
As standard with these Sybex Study Guides the book comes with sample questions at the end of each chapter and also in electronic form on CD.
The questions are not exactly like those you will find in the exam but they are very, very close.
Edgetests contained in the CD require 80% of correct answers to pass the CIW exam, in reality you only need 75%, so if you can answer all of those you will be very well prepared for the real test.
It offers easy to remember phrases for the OSI model making it so much more easier to remember.
Although the book is not exactly light reading it does fully prepare you for the exam and tests your knowledge throughout the book. The CD Rom is particularly helpful and the book is well structured making it ideal for a reference guide.
I would recommend this book to anyone studying for the CiW Foundations exam.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Scripting & Programming
- Books > Science & Nature > Education