CIVIL WARS, CIVIL PEACE: Transforming Conflicts Paperback – 20 May 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'It is a book destined to become a classic - and a must for every classroom, every member of groups at war or attempting to negotiate, arbitrate or impose a ceasefire.' Yehudi Menuhin'The important role diplomacy has played is described and a last chapter is on the ending of warfare and creation of accountability.' New World 'This book provides a detailed examination of the nature and characteristics of current contemporary warfare and suggests radical and original approaches towards prevention and resolution.' Oxfam's Review of Journals'This book should prove invaluable for undergraduates seeking to understand the mysteries of conflict resolution. It should be required reading for everyone involved in conflict and its resolution, from NATO officials to slobodan Milosevic.' Journal of Refugee Studies
About the Author
Kumar Rupesinghe is Secretary General of the London-based International Alert, the leading non-governmental organisation working in the area of conflict resolution. IA's primary purpose is to seek and propose constitutional provisions in areas of international conflict, to alert international opinion in areas of potential conflict, mass killings and genocide, to promote human rights, to provide dialogue with a view to ending ethnic conflict and to provide mediation where necessary.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > International Relations > Diplomacy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence > War & Defence Operations