CISA Exam Prep: Certified Information Systems Auditor (Exam Cram) Paperback – 9 May 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
CISA Exam Prep
Certified Information Systems Auditor
Your Complete Certification Solution!
The Smart Way to Study™
In This Book You’ll Learn How To:
- Approach the IS audit process from ISACA’s view of IS auditing best practices
- Relate and apply information security and systems audit best practices to the six CISA job practice areas
- Understand the IS audit process and learn how to apply best practices to secure an organization’s assets
- Evaluate IT governance to ensure that the organization has the structure, policies, and mechanisms in place to provide sufficient IS controls
- Minimize risk within an IT/IS environment by using sound security techniques and practices
- Assess systems and infrastructure lifecycle practices to determine their effectiveness in meeting security requirements and meeting organizational objectives
- Gain a deeper understanding of the business continuity and disaster recovery process to help minimize risk
- Protect key informational assets by examining the security architecture and evaluating controls designed for the protection of confidentiality, availability, and integrity
- Streamline your exam preparations with our exam insights, tips, and study strategies
WRITTEN BY A LEADING CISA EXAM EXPERT!
Michael Gregg, founder and president of Superior Solutions, Inc., a Houston-based IT security consulting and auditing firm, has more than 20 years experience in information security and risk. He holds two associate degrees, a bachelor’s degree, and a master’s degree. He presently maintains more than a dozen certifications and is a nine-time winner of Global Knowledge’s Perfect Instructor Award. Michael not only has experience in performing security audits and assessments, but also is the author of Que Publishing’s Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Prep, CISSP Exam Cram, and is the co-author of Inside Network Security Assessment: Guarding Your IT Infrastructure by Sams Publishing.
Study and Exam Prep Tips
Part I: IT Governance and the Audit Process
Chapter 1: The Audit Process
Chapter 2: IT Governance
Part II: System and Infrastructure Lifecycle Management
Chapter 3: Lifecycle Management
Chapter 4: System Infrastructure Control
Part III: IT Service Delivery and Support
Chapter 5: Information Systems Hardware and Architecture
Chapter 6: Information Systems Used for IT Delivery and Support
Part IV: Protection of Information Assets
Chapter 7: Protection of Logical Assets
Chapter 8: Physical Security
Part V: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Chapter 9: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Part VI: Final Preparation
Answers to Practice Exam Questions
About the Author
As the founder and president of Superior Solutions, Inc., a Houston-based IT security consulting and auditing firm, Michael Gregg has more than 15 years of experience in information security and risk management. He holds two associate's degrees, a bachelor's degree, and a master's degree. Some of the certifications he holds include the following: CISA, CISSP, MCSE, CTT+, A+, N+, Security+, CNA, CCNA, CIW Security Analyst, CCE, CEH, CHFI, CEI, DCNP, ES Dragon IDS, ES Advanced Dragon IDS, and TICSA.
Michael not only has experience in performing security audits and assessments, but he also is the co-author of Inside Network Security Assessment: Guarding Your IT Infrastructure (ISBN
0672328097, Sams, 2005). Other publications he has authored include the CISSP Exam Cram 2 (ISBN 078973446X, Que, 2005) and the Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Prep 2 (ISBN 0789735318, Que, 2006). Michael is a site expert for TechTarget.com websites, including SearchSMB.com and SearchNetworking.com; he also serves on their editorial advisory board. His articles have been published on IT websites including CertMag.com, CramSession.com, and GoCertify.com. Michael has created security audit and assessment course material for various
companies and universities. Although audits and assessments are where he spends the bulk of his time, teaching and contributing to the written body of IT security knowledge is how Michael believes he can give something back to the community that has given him so much. He is a member of the American College of Forensic Examiners and of the Texas Association
for Educational Technology. When not working, Michael enjoys traveling and restoring muscle cars.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
CISA exam prep study guide (latest edition)
CISA study guide by sybex (latest edition)
ISACA question and answer set (software) - latest edition
This should suffice to give anyone a good try at the CISA exam. Cheers.
ISACA expects candidates to have 5 years of experience. You need to read more than one book on the CISA examination areas to round out your understanding. Don't underestimate the difficulty of this exam.
In many areas ISACA gives review classes that can help supplement the needed knowledge to pass the CISA exam. In the end I attended the review classes, browsed the official text and read this book. In that role this book fit my needs as its much easer to read than the official text. CISA candidates should map out a preparation plan months before the exam and then stick to it. Read this book but also use other materials such as the official questions and answers book and other third party practice exams.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon