- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; Student Manual/Study Guide edition (17 Sept. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521692067
- ISBN-13: 978-0521692069
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 1.5 x 24.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (34 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 118,367 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The CELTA Course Trainee Book Paperback – Student Edition, 17 Sep 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The preparation course for the Cambridge ESOL teacher training exam, the Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), the most popular teacher training qualification.
About the Author
Scott Thornbury is Associate Professor on the MA TESOL program at the New School in New York, and has an MA (TEFL) from the University of Reading. His previous experience includes teaching and training in Egypt, UK, Spain, and in his native New Zealand. He has written extensively on areas of language and methodology, his most recent books being Beyond the Sentence: An Introduction to Discourse Analysis, and An A-Z of ELT (both Macmillan), Natural Grammar (OUP) which won a British Council ELT Innovations Award in 2004, and Grammar (OUP), which earned a special mention in the English Speaking Union awards for 2006, and Conversation: From Description to Pedagogy (with Diana Slade, CUP). He is currently the series editor of the Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers (CUP). He divides his time between New York and Barcelona.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It also assumes that you're in a class and are doing group activities, using this as a textbook, with a teacher taking you through it, presumably.
So it's pretty much useless for self-study. No background information, theory, or anything like that.
I'm not sure why it has so many positive reviews - these were what led me to buy it in the first place but it turned out to be a waste of money!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Valuable book to have to support what you're doing on the CELTA training course. Tutors will be using some of the content in the training programme but it's great to review and... Read morePublished 6 months ago by ruwanthi
detailed book needs to be worked through slowly eg a chapter a dayPublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
I meant to order the Trainer's Manual but having recieved this, the trainee's Book, I'll keep It as it fits in well with what I need to do the course. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Tediuki Suzuki an Amazon Customer
This is a great book to help you through your celta course. It has allot of helpful tools and ideas that will help you, pass your celta exams and assesments.Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies