Customer reviews

on 15 April 2018
This book has a range of tricks and gives a clear guide/instructions to how they can be performed
Highly recommended
on 23 May 2015
good read
on 29 January 2013
If you study this book enough, you can build a powerful repertoire on this. It is a good book especially for beginners.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 November 2008
I have only recently (at a mature age) started to learn card tricks. After getting a few basic tips online decided to look at written text. I have now purchased a few and have to say this is my favourite to date. Everyone says read Royal Road to Card Magic first (which I have also bought) however I found this book more enjoyable. Shows some of the same slieghts as Royal Road, although in some cases takes it further. Better variety of tricks to learn in my opinion as well. All the other books focus on "pick a card, any card" type tricks whereas I found the variety in this book better. This is now my prefered read out of them all and the one I am picking up first. That is not to say Royal Road is no good, I am just saying this is my prefered. Even though written a good few years ago, writing is still fresh, easy to read and (as long as ensure have a pack of cards in hand at same time) easy to follow. If you are interesed in learning card magic (and have watched some basics on good old internet first) then I would say go for this book, well worth anyones money with an interest in this subject.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 May 2003
This was the first magic book i ever bought and i learnt and adapted my first card tricks from it. However, i the bought the Royal Road to Card Magic and instantly this went back to my shelf.
Now this is not say that this is a bad book, quite the contrary, but it is not really for the beginner. I managed to get through the first couple of chapters before getting lost underneath a myriad of forces, dovetails, glides, and flourishes. After reading Royal Road though, i managed to understand a lot more of the book and some of the more advanced tricks i could think through, if not work through.
This is by no means a book for the advanced magician but, beginners beware, a little knowledge of magic will be needed before handling this.
15 people found this helpful
on 23 December 1998
This is an excellent collection of card sleights and a few tricks. My only complaint is that some of its methods require every ounce of your attention to comprehend them. Not real clear in some areas but other than that it is excellent!
6 people found this helpful
on 9 March 2001
this book is verey good infact it is great!! it has a wide range of slights and tricks and maney arm spreads. this is a must for any magican (card, coin, ball, etc)
This book will take u from advanced to a pro who look's and feels confedent in the trick that they peform. And best of all when the tricks are don corectley they will knock your audienc dead and they will not see it coming.
4 people found this helpful
on 20 July 2011
The illustrations and descriptions are OK, but anyone seriously interested in learning real sleight of hand / card manipulations might find learning from a DVD easier.
One person found this helpful