C# Smorgasbord Paperback – 30 Jul 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Filip Ekberg is an enthusiastic developer that strives to learn something new every day. His greatest passion is programming and ever since Filip was a little boy he has always tried to master it. During his professional years Filip has started his own business SmartIT eSolutions Sweden, worked as a software engineer and as an amanuensis teaching programming. Filip has a bachelor degree in software engineering from Blekinge Institute of Technology. This is also where Filip worked as an amanuensis for a program called "Creative Mobile Development". Since 2011, Filip works as a software engineer at Star Republic in Gothenburg, Sweden, where he has gotten a lot of inspiration to this book. In .NET, Filip primarily works with C#, WPF, WCF, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.-NET, Silverlight and Windows Phone. For those that have stumbled upon his blog, you have seen his great interest in learning new technologies and sharing his thoughts on the subjects, this has made Filip a DZone Most-Valuable Blogger. Outside .NET, Filip has also done professional work in both Java and PHP.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Filip is a Software Engineer working with various techniques such as C#, WPF, WCF, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET and much more. Currently working at Star Republic in Sweden as a Software Engineer working with both newer and older technologies in a Windows environment, mainly focusing on ASP.NET MVC development.
During his years of Programming, Filip has managed to accomplish some of the following:
* Software Engineering Degree @ Blekinge Institute of Technology
* Managing the Software Development Company SmartIT eSolutions Sweden which focused mainly on developing software and web solutions.
* Working as an Amanuensis ( Teacher ) @ Blekinge Institute of Technology teaching Java, C++, Sql and Network-programming.
I saw a tweet from @daniellangnet who said this book was fantastic and if your looking for something to read over the holidays then give this a go, I actually ordered the book without even reading anything about it, unusual but glad i did!
Chapter 1: Introduction to Parallel Extensions :- Learn the basics of paralleization, use basic Linq, and how to optimize code by introducing parallelization.
Chapter 2: Productivity and Quality with Unit Testing :- Understand why tests are import, create a test project and improve code quality.
Chapter 3: Is upgrading your code a productive step? :- How to find bugs faster, How to use Resharper to get a more manageable project and to get things done faster.
Chapter 4: Creating a challenge out of the trivial tasks :- Challenge yourself to create understandable and higher quality software.Read more ›
The explanations are clear and to the point and many topics are covered.
Personally the chapters about IL (Intermediate Language) and Roslyn were the most interesting for me, as they covered areas I've never worked with before.
The short and concise style of the book, and the written style with examples (and results from the examples), makes the book a brilliant read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really like this book - Every chapter has a great deal of hands on examples and code.
I recently started my first job as a professional developer, and this book really... Read more
I am really glad I read this book as I was unsure at first what to expect. The author explained topics really well and the examples were very good, and I could relate them to real... Read morePublished on 7 Mar. 2013 by W Dev
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Microsoft Windows
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture