Byron and Newstead: The Aristocrat and the Abbey Hardcover – 1 Dec 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Byron is often depicted as having being an impoverished Lord throughout most of his life beset by a feckless father, a greedy and vulgar mother, loan sharks, bailiffs and a want of ready cash that despite the inspiration for his poetry enhanced the difficulties throughout his "colourful" life.
This book considers all of these factors in greater detail and offers a fresh perspective on Byron which is interesting and readable and is a very good book despite the cost.
The book titled "Lord Byron Accounts Rendered" by Doris Langley Moore (Murray 1974) is a good companion to this book and is highly recommended.Lord Byron: Accounts Rendered
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1701-1900
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Georgian to Victorian: 1701-1900
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Novelists, Poets & Playwrights
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism