Buying And Selling A Business: An entrepreneur's guide Paperback – 6 Aug 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The essential guide to trading businesses from an expert in the field.
About the Author
Jo Haigh is a corporate financier who has owned her own company for nearly ten years, helping people buy and sell businesses. She was named South Yorkshire Business Woman of the Year in 2005 and IOD Business Advisor of the Year 2006.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book has all of these things in a clear and readable format. It's relatively recent (2007) and - unlike say Tips & Traps When Buying a Business (Tips and Traps) - is a UK book, written for a UK audience. The chapters cover essential groundwork, who's who in the processes, and in buying, where to source acquisitions, valuation, structuring a deal, financing and due diligence. The selling chapters cover timing a sale, finding buyers and useful structuring suggestions (tax planning, warranties and indemnities, anti-embarrassment clauses and whether to stick around afterwards). There is also a glossary, a sample letter of intent, heads of terms, non-disclosure agreement, shareholders' agreement and due diligence checklists. These documents are thorough (the shareholder agreement contains drag and tag clauses, shareholder consents, share transfer and compulsory share sale provisions for instance), however, they are more likely to be useful as a reference point - for one thing, there's no facility to download these samples into an editable format, and for another, such documents tend to be highly tailored and fluid - far better to use professional advisers to draft in my view.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Call Centre Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Purchasing & Supply
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Purchasing & Procurement
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Ethics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Sales Techniques
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship