- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Business Networking For Dummies(R) Paperback – 25 Apr 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Use networking to grow your business
- Get the most out of networking events
- Introduce yourself and your business with confidence
- Join up your networking using social media
The definitive guide to business networking
Networking is a great way to promote yourself and your company, find potential clients and suppliers, swap ideas and keep up with market trends. This practical, easy–to–use resource will have you networking with confidence in no time!
- Get a grip get the basics of networking, including networking for business owners, job seekers and sales professionals
- Face–to–face find out about the advantages of face–to–face networking groups and how to make connections
- Go online use social media to network, keep relationships alive and make new connections
- Turbo–charge your networking discover personal branding, networking to build your business and how to expand your network
- Measure success understand the benefits of networking and how to measure the success of your efforts
Open the book and find:
- The different aspects of networking
- Tips on measuring your success at networking
- Where to find new networking opportunities
- Advice on networking online
- How to network at trade shows
- Advice on preparing for networking events – and following up afterwards
About the Author
Stefan Thomas is Network Director for 4Networking and a marketing and networking expert. He spends his days roving the 4N network and helping members get the best from 4Networking.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Did I learn anything from it? Yes, a bit, but the most important factor is that it reinforced what I already knew, gave me guidance on how to improve on my networking skills, and has helped with my confidence as well.
Is it a 'join the dots' guide to networking? Only to a small degree. There are no instructions on how to 'do this, or that' to get things right, but as each of us are individual what works for one person may not work for another. I think the mix of guidance, ideas, pointers and suggestions is just about right and will be truly beneficial to networking beginners.
Will it make you a networking superstar? No, only you can do that through hard work, determination, and by getting out there and doing it.
Good book, good read, and I dip into it here and there when I need a boost.
Thanks Stefan, I appreciate the effort you put into this.
Whether your a Networking Virgin or a superstar, if you want to know how to make your online networking work find something to lift your results which are already satisfactory, or you wish you knew what to do after you have eaten your Sausage and beans at 8 in the morning, this book is absolutely for you! Stefan combines humour, real life experience and his phenomenal expertise to enable you to transform your business. Get this book, it will change your life, and I truly believe it might change your personal as well as business life too!
Want to know a bit more? Here's my review insight...
It was 2.15am this morning and my finger swiped across the screen of the kindle for the last time for my first read of this amazing book!
The emotions which flooded me were many and varied. I have learned you can't change the past and to dwell on it serves no one. So I only allowed the strong wish I had "read this 15 years ago - that my world today would be so different" to stay with me only momentarily.
It has however excited me for the future. Even as someone who is currently working for an organisation, and one that has little understanding of the power and importance of online networking. It has reignited my passion, excited me with what is possible and given me a stash of new tips and tricks.
This is not just a book, it's a toolkit. I am rarely seen to read a book again but this is one of those books that as things progress I look forward to referring others to this awesome book and to coming back to it again and again in the future. Thank you Stefan, your an amazing giving man this is an amazing book!
I really liked it. Much of it is common sense, you know the kind of common sense that is so obvious when someone points it out to you but you hadn't spotted it yourself. I read this from cover to cover although you don't have to. I've already started to do a couple of things differently since reading this and I can see myself dipping in to it from time to time to grab more tips that I can integrate. I'm feeling more confident when I walk into a room these days.
All in all a very readable book and I would honestly say that everyone who does any kind of networking will learn something from it.It's true in competitive sports and I think true in networking the difference between 1st and 2nd place is a tiny margin. This book can help you to get that edge.
Business Networking for Dummies is a brilliant tool to help you review and improve your networking skills - well worth taking the time to read.
If you are new to networking, read this book. If you've been networking since the dawn of time, you definitely need to read this book to drag yourself into this century.
Read it, act on the information in it. Follow @noredbraces on twitter and Periscope for more
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book has increased my networking confidence as I identified with the fears and struggles Stefan went through and realised I was not the only one! Read morePublished 4 months ago by namaste
Are you new to networking or perhaps you've simply been networking for a while & wondering why you don't get the results you expect, read this book. Read morePublished 9 months ago by @savewithjong
I'm not new to business networking but wish I'd read this 20 years ago, not that it was written 20 years ago but you get my drift. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Mr. J. Buck
A bible for the Business Networker.... Stefan I do not understand anyone going to a business Networking meeting without first reading your instruction manualPublished 11 months ago by Gary Dwyer
Stefan is recognised as one of the UK’s leading networking and referral experts. This book teaches you who to become masterful in these areas too. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Adèle M McLay
Stefan has nailed it. A simple and effective explanation of the strategies that work and importantly why. Read morePublished 14 months ago by A. M. Charlton
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Motivation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Sales & Marketing
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology