Business Law Paperback – 5 Aug 2004
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
PART I: ENGLISH LEGAL SYSTEM. 1. What is Law? 2. How the Law is Enforced. PART II: CONTRACT. 3. Contract Law: An Introduction. 4. Contract Formation: Getting Agreement. 5. Contract Formation: Certainty of Terms and Consideration. 6. Terms of the Contract. 7. Exemption Clauses. 8. Discharge of Contracts, Performance and Remedies for Breach. 9. Validity of Contracts (1). 10. Validity of Contracts (2). PART III: TORT. 11. General Principles of Liability in Tort and the Tort of Negligence. 12. Other Business-Related Torts and vicarious liability. PART IV: COMPANY LAW. 13. Business Associations. 14. Incorporation. 15. Capital. 16. Company Management. 17. Directors? Duties. 18. Shareholder Protection. 19. Corporate Insolvency. PART V: CONSUMER, EMPLOYMENT AND AGENCY LAW. 20. Consumer Protection. 21. Aspects of Employment Law. 22. Agency. PART VI: TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE. English Legal System. Contract. Tort. Company Law. Consumer, Employment and Agency Law. Index. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
The second edition of this major text continues to provide an exciting and challenging introduction to the study of business law. It covers a wide variety of business law topics in considerable depth and at a high academic standard whilst maintaining an easily readable style.
The content of the book is more comprehensive than is generally found in books of this nature. It includes: the English legal system and dispute resolution; the law of contract; sale of goods and the supply of services; agency; the law of torts; consumer credit; company and partnership law; employment law; intellectual property; trade descriptions; misleading prices, and product safety. The integrated approach taken emphasises the policy behind the law and how different areas of law are interconnected.
Business Law is a complete teaching package with many student-friendly pedagogic features and superb lecturer support, including a companion website and an innovative annotated Lecturer’s Guide.
New to this edition
- A new chapter on the law of torts.
- Recent decisions and case law developments, including those arising as a result of the Human Rights Act 1998.
- In the area of consumer rights and protection, changes to the Sale of Goods Act, the Supply of Goods and Services Act, the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act and the Unfair Contract Terms Act.
- Major changes in the areas of bankruptcy and corporate insolvency under the Enterprise Act 2002.
- In the area of employment law, new cases and legislative developments, including the Employment Act 2002 and the new raft of anti-discrimination regulations.
- Detailed consideration of the Limited Liability Partnership Act 2000.
- The Electronic Commerce Regulations and the Computer Misuse Act.
- Comprehensive - the subject coverage of the book is wide enough for this to be the only law book that most business students will need.
- Easy to read - the style of the text is straightforward and accessible.
- Clear structure - the text in each chapter is detailed but contains frequent headings, test your understanding questions and key points to keep the reader firmly focused and constantly aware of the context and structure of the material.
- Additional support for lecturers and students - in the form of a Lecturer's Guide, and a companion website with student and lecturer access, providing regular updates on changes to the law that affect the book.
- A huge number of multiple-choice and summary questions - designed to be intellectually demanding and to give the reader the chance to apply the law contained in each chapter to problem situations. Answers are given in the Lecturer's Guide and on the lecturer part of the website.
Ewan MacIntyre LL.B. Cert Ed is a Senior Lecturer at Nottingham Law School. He is an experienced educational writer in the field of business law and has taught the subject for many years.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Better quality than I thought! Bought for University at a brilliant pricePublished 9 months ago by Lucy
I got this book as part of my course work required it.The book I purchased secondhand was in excellent condition and contained exactly what I required so I can wholeheartly... Read morePublished on 8 Jun. 2011 by um ferras
This is a great book which help me to grip lots of understanding easily before I get started for my assignment-Business Law.Published on 21 Dec. 2010 by Me
It's taken over two weeks for a 3-5 day delivery speed to get here. I know it's free but this, IS RIDICULOUS. GRR.Published on 26 Oct. 2010 by C. T. Davies