E-Business and E-Commerce Management: Strategy, Management and Applications Paperback – 3 Aug 2001
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
E-business and E-commerce management
This major text details how managers and students can apply new information and communications technologies to enhance the performance of their organisations. It takes an integrative approach drawing on new and existing perspectives and models from many disciplines including information systems, strategy, marketing, operations and human resources management.
The book prompts the reader to evaluate critically the hype, opportunity and risks associated with e-business. The approach taken focuses on how existing businesses can achieve e-business while minimizing the risks, but it also asks how the new revenue and business models highlighted by dot-com companies can be applied.
A unique active learning approach is used with activities and global case studies integrated with the text to illustrate concepts and challenge student thinking. Direct links to answers at the end of chapters and a dynamic Companion Web Site are provided. Margin definitions and diagrams are used throughout to explain concepts and technologies.
E-business and E-commerce management-
· explains the relationship between e-business, e-commerce and e-marketing activities within organisations;
· reviews the new business and revenue models available in the digital economy through activities and worldwide business-to-business and business-to-consumer case studies;
· explores strategic approaches to change management used to achieve e-business within the global marketplace;
· examines the applications of electronic communications to elements of the value and supply chain including procurement, logistics, marketing and customer relationship management;
- contains a range of easy-to-use pedagogical features that enable students to use this text as both a critical guide and as a reference tool;
- is accompanied by an enhanced Companion Web Site, fully integrated with the text, containing up-to-date material, case studies and a range of resources for both the student and the lecturer;
· describes the practical challenges of implementing e-business and shows how analysis and design can provide solutions to issues such as security, privacy, service quality and fulfilment.
Dr Dave Chaffey is Senior Lecturer in the Derbyshire Business School at the University of Derby. He is programme leader of MSc in E-commerce Management and the Chartered Institute of Marketing E-marketing award, as well as being senior examiner for this award. He is actively involved in the implementation of e-business and e-commerce through consultancy and training.
About the Author
Dave Chaffey is is an e-business consultant and visiting lecturer on e-business courses at Warwick University and Cranfield School of Management.--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top customer reviews
The author successfully captivates the reader's attention as they are taken on an information-rich journey, starting with the basics of E-Commerce through to the strategic management of key E-Business functions. The book is ideal for business or IT students who are required to study E-Business as part of their course. Indeed, I purchased the book during my IT degree course and found it indispensable.
There are excellent examples provided to illustrate points made and topics discussed.
The B2B case study that runs throughout the text with self assessment exercises in every chapter for the reader to apply the learning from each chapter is a superb idea and provides the reader with the opportunity to synthesize their knowledge as they progress through the book.
As the world chief examiner in E-Commerce for the London Chamber of Commerce International Qualifications I recommend this text book as "core-reading"
It looks and reads like a University textbook and that's the beauty of it.
The diagrams of models and processes are colourful and extremely useful. However some of the data it uses in data tables is woefully out of date when trying to describe present trends.
It could have done without the HTML / web design sections that are too big a subject to do credit in this book.
I recommend this book to anyone with an interest on the subject.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-commerce
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance