Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Burnt Toast on Davenport Street
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.06

on 25 March 2001
Now I love burnt toast & its smell brings back all sorts of memories! Tim Egan has created a funny & telling little story of a couple of dogs in their happy &, well, almost dull lives. The only fly in the ointment is the gang of crocodiles who jeer & taunt them as they take their stroll around their neighborhood.
With delightful pictures & a tongue-in-cheek humor, Tim Egan, once again, gives us a charming, instructional parable on the old saying: be careful what you wish for! Do check out my full review & many other great children's books.
on 22 October 1998
One of those rare books which is just as much fun for the adult reading it as it is for the child listening. The story is simple and entertaining, but the language, the characterisation and the illustrations are full of beautifully understated surrealist wit.
on 21 April 2014
I bought this book for my eldest son and he loves it. In fact we both enjoy the quirky humour. One of the most imaginative, easy to read and clever children's books I've ever come across.