Burley Design Encore Bicycle Trailer
- Height adjustable handlebar
- 5 Point Safety Harness
- Removablem, washable seat pad and shoulder harness
- 20" Push Button Wheels
- Ajustable seat and sunshade
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Designed for activity hounds who don't need all the bells and whistles of the D'Lite. Seats 1-2 children with 100lb capacity. It features a height adjustable handlebar, removable seat pad and harness, alloy wheels and tinted side windows. A weather resistant, zipped cover and adjustable sunshade make it suitable for all weathers.
1 x Trailer
Top customer reviews
This trailer is perfect. It's light - easy to pack away and store. Easy to pull - on a flat surface you don't really know it's there. Great for one kid or 2 (my sons when i got this were 2 and 4 and i'm hoping it will go for a couple of years). The seat moves to the middle for one child with seatbelts that adjust super easy. Both sides internally the kids have little pockets - my 2 use this to keep their sunglasses and the boot has plenty of space for shopping or swimming kits.
The buggy conversion kit is great and i can get it off my bike and convert to a buggy without waking the kids. Converting to a buggy is just SOOOOOO easy. I know it's a bit more money for the kit, but i think it's worth it - i wouldn't use my trailer half as much without it.
It is a little slimmer than some models, but both my kids are on the thin side so fit in with no problem and i find it makes the trailer easier around town when using it as a buggy - i can get in and out of shops no problem. It steers brilliantly!
I'm not sure why the flag is on the left - but this appears to be the case on all trailers.
I'm not confident enough to use this on busy roads as i don't like the idea of the trailer being hit by a car - safety features and anti roll or not....... A helmet wont do much in that scenario - so i stick to cycle paths and quiet roads. Most pedestrians are understanding of the bike on the footpath, once they realise you have kids in the back (and those who don't, don't pay attention to - they would probably be the first to complain about you putting kids on the road)
I would def recommend!!!!!
There were a couple of niggles that bring it down a star in my view though.
1. The flag does not work well for me - it does not stay up. I've seen a friends and his mechanism is better (like a click lock system to be able to rotate it) - but its too loose on mine even on max tightening of the screw to the nut.
2. The stroller wheels are an expensive additional extra. So much so I was torn between this and a wee ride trailer which included stroller and jogger conversion kits.
3. I managed to bend my rear skewer on my hybrid cycle on the first day with the trailer hitched! The hitch was pressed against the bolt on the rear skewer and the bike fell and managed to completely bend the skewer. I then switched to using an old steel frame bike - just dented my confidence a little and I am not so sure I want 20-30kg pulling on the skewer... that said it must be very well tested so its just a confidence thing.
But ignoring the niggles this is an excellent buy for me and we are very happy with it!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?