Bullying and Racist Bullying in Schools: What are we Missing? Paperback – 24 Apr 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dr. Sairah Qureshi, author of "School Bullying and Racist Bullying; Who are the Victims" earned her PhD in the UK, November 2011. Her research focused on school bullying and racist bullying, via obtaining the perceptions of young people interviewed. Adapted from her thesis, this exciting new book is unique from other studies as it offers the reader an analysis of all on school bullying and racism. Particularly, it examines bullying from a social psychological as well as socio-economic theoretical perspective, and explains the causes of bullying as per the individual psychological background and due to the socio-economic environment. It addresses why bullying and racist bullying occurs and how it is manifested around the school environment. Dr. Qureshi has lectured and conducted extensive public outreach work in her specialist research area and is currently developing training modules largely in anti-bullying for schools. She acts as Residential Consultant Expert in anti-bullying for the Downtown Manhattan Community Board, and lives in New Jersey with her husband.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book helps provide strategies for preventing your son/daughter from becoming a victim. It is a book which you must read together and discuss.Published on 17 Nov. 2013 by Bakhit
If you are involved in the education arena / working with kids then this is a must read. Dr Qureshi provides thought provoking insight on a subject area that has been ignored and... Read morePublished on 16 Nov. 2013 by Shamim D
Good strong consistent appropriate advice on how children can build their self esteem, Covers real life issues . Read morePublished on 15 Nov. 2013 by Sufyaan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Care & Counselling > Bullying & Violence
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Social
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology