Customer reviews

BULK POWDERS DMAE Powder Pure Mood & Focus Enhancer, 500 g
Size: 500g|Change

on 17 September 2017
Doesn't do much. Reviewers that claimed any kind of boost should consider the possibility of a placebo effect. If you are seriously considering the product start with the smallest bag to avoid wasting money.
on 3 August 2017
Somehow I feel much better, more confident and happy not sure if it has been for the product or just that I have passed through a bad patch.mI have been using it for a while now.
on 5 August 2017
Tastes horrorable. No benefit.
on 12 September 2017
Keep your money, this is a total waste.
on 25 October 2017
does the job
on 7 January 2017
I read up well before buying this. From its use in the 1960's and 70's (for ADHD etc) where it was knocked off the market by the success and funding into Ritalin (which is very different to this) to the science behind how it works. Essentially increasing acetylcholine in your brain and body with beneficial effects. It is being used for various problems including trials into treatment for dementia. Disclaimer: You should also do some reading yourself rather than just looking at my feedback!
I have not had any psychoactive effects and feel fine and normal, but with a new ability to recall memory instantly. I have just been teaching my son about Pi and the maths behind circles and have not thought about that for many years, but could recount my knowledge and memory of math lessons instantly. I also did a visual walk through of a journey I made earlier in the day in perfect picture detail including all the faces I saw at my sons school when I picked him up- I can still do this a couple of days on! I have a good memory to start with but I feel like it is working as it did as a child- instant and picture clear. I need to point out I am doing more gym work at present so this is being combined with protein shakes, creatine, glutamine and theanine. It may be the combo is making the effect better as they work in synergy when you look into the science, however my trial period of DMAE was using that alone (and seemed effective for those first 2 days).
I just did a shift as an emergency out of hours GP and got through 5 home visits over a large city area, 2 of which were complex and urgent and the other 3 were still complex and I did this all in 3.5 hours which impressed the driver and team leaders as that level of efficiency is not normally possible. The patients all gave good feedback too (I do pride myself on my work anyway but felt much more on the ball than my normal 'very on the ball').
As a positive side effect the dark areas under my eyes are also much less noticable so overall I am well impressed with this. DMAE has a long time of use with no significant harm or worrying problems noted during my research. Clearly the effect will vary person to person but my wife has also had similar benefits to me after a couple of days.
Will be buying again.
on 14 February 2016
Taking a dosage of 130 MG gives good vivid dream recall.
This has also improved my memory in the sense that my brain is able to jump to a filed memory with ease and without effort, I often find myself recalling things that I had not thought about for a long time.
------------------
Update - November 2017: I’ve taken this product on and off for 2 years now.
I have it for a few weeks/month or two - then I stop for a few weeks/months (fairly random).
I’ve always only taken it in smaller than the recommended dosage - like half the scoop/130mg a day (or even less): this still gives me vivid dreams, and easy effortless memory recall.

I’d like to point out the side-effect that is well documented: when taken for a prolonged period (over a few weeks) I get jaw tightness. (others mention neck tightness).
Also after a few weeks I notice I get what appears to be a dull flash of light from the corner of my field of vision (randomly a few times a day) - at first I thought I had seen something out of the corner of my eye, but after a while I realised that was not the case. And every time I take dmae for a prolonged period this occurs.

This is when I know its time to take a break, and I stop using the dmae and the side-effects always disappear in a day or so.

I’d like to suggest starting at low dosages (half of the recommended dose), and also definitely caution against taking it continuously - instead cycle a few weeks on, a few weeks off.

I’d also point out that when I say ‘effortless memory recall’ I’m talking about memories that arise without any effort to recall them.
For example I might smell a scent and without any attempt on my part I will remember the teacher wearing a perfume that smelled like that when I was in primary school.
Having taken dmae in low dosages I cant say I’ve noticed it improving my effort memory recall, but without a shadow of a doubt I experience effortless memory recall like I’ve never done in my life before taking dmae - it’s given me moments of sweet nostalgia because of the memories that have arisen!
I was about 6 years old playing with translucent plastic jigsaw thingies when I smelt that teachers perfume - I know I would never have recalled that image/smell/memory otherwise.

Also note that the vivid dreams ware off after a while. Another reason to take in cycles.
on 14 March 2017
bad taste good energy ok product
on 23 June 2017
is what it says and arrived in good time, not a lot to say, oh you get a free scope to measure and packaging is ok. This review is being copy pasted for the 3 recent products I bought with Bulk Powders just in case people see 3 reviews same, just I am just as happy with the 3 products so am copy paste to save time. Thnx guys :)
on 8 December 2016
:great product..it helps a lot especially combined with fruit juice or even milk..and maybe a glass of aloe vera with water mixed with it...energetic and helps in the healthy body and healthy mind connection!!!