Building Web Sites: All-in-one for Dummies Paperback – 10 Aug 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Get started planning, designing, building, and launching the most amazing websites
Ready to create your own website, but you′re all tangled up in technical jargon? From the initial planning phases to testing and publishing your masterpiece, this resource will show you how with easy–to–follow steps. You′ll be surprised at how quickly you′ll create interactive pages, design for mobile platforms, integrate social media, and much more.
- Start building take advantage of HTML5′s radically new approach to structuring content as you create web pages
- Say it with style discover how to format text and images as well as apply emerging CSS3 tools to create impressive effects
- Make it stand out learn how to integrate multimedia content into your designs, such as full–motion video or cool slideshows
- Fill this out collect feedback or build your e–newsletter subscription list by implementing forms that validate the data before submission
- Visitors welcome explore the methods you can use to promote your site and ensure that it′s found by the search engines
Open the book and find:
- Plans to get started with your website project
- Advice for assembling and managing a web team
- How to create layouts, graphics, navigation, and web pages
- HTML, HTML 5, CSS, and CSS3 tutorials
- Steps for embedding streaming data
- Ways to integrate e–commerce into your site
- PHP resources for server–side coding
10 books in 1
- Getting Ready
- Designing the Site
- Building Pages with HTML
- Designing Pages with CSS
- Incorporating Web Graphics and Multimedia
- Managing Forms with PHP
- Social Media and Interactive Add–Ons
- Deploying and Managing the Site
- Case Studies
About the Author
David Karlins is a web design professional and author who′s written over 50 books and created video training on top web design tools. Doug Sahlin is the coauthor of Social Media Marketing All–in–One For Dummies and author of Digital Landscape & Nature Photography For Dummies.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I am pleased that I approached Amazon for this .They always seem to come up trumps.For me anyway.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Ordered Friday evening, arrived on Sunday! Very quick and easy to read book which has already given me much to think aboutPublished 4 months ago by MB