on 7 August 1998
This is a GREAT book! I was asked by my boss to figure out what it would take to place our inventory database on the Web for our suppliers to access. This book not only showed me a number of ways to do that, but gave me some great tips. This is NOT a book to buy if you want to learn how to do Sybase programming. It clearly states it though in the front matter. But, if you already know how to access a Sybase database and want to learn how to couple a Sybase database with a Web application, then this is a "must buy" book.
on 11 June 1998
As a beginner, I found this book to be extremely helpful in explaining how to incorporate a database into my web page. The chapters flowed logically and described every topic clearly. The author anticipates every question the reader might have and answers them even before they enter the reader's mind. A very well-written and comprehensive piece.
on 21 December 1998
If you are like me looking for guides in building Sybase-based web servers on unix machines, you can safely stay away from this book. It says practically nothing about sybperl, dbi and that sort of creatures.