- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Building Findable Websites: Web Standards, SEO, and Beyond (Voices That Matter) Paperback – 13 Feb 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This is not another SEO book written for marketing professionals. Between these covers you’ll find practical advice and examples for people who build websites aiming to reach their target audience. Each chapter will introduce you to best practices and fresh perspectives on how to accomplish these simple, yet indispensable goals:
- Help more people find your site
- Help users find content within your site
- Encourage return visits
Although this book illuminates a broad range of findability strategies, one common theme pervades:
Web standards + compelling content = improved findability = more successful sites
You’ll find even more findability guidance on the book’s companion website (http://buildingfindablewebsites.com) including 5 bonus chapters.
About the Author
Aarron Walter is a faculty member in the Interactive Media Design department at The Art Institute of Atlanta, teaching courses on a variety of topics including Findability, Dynamic Web Applications, and User-Centered Interface Design. When not teaching, Aarron also runs a one man design/development consultancy in Athens, GA, and writes articles for online publications such as SitePoint.com and DMXZone.com. He blogs, builds and shares things at http://aarronwalter.com
Top Customer Reviews
Aarron is clearly an author who's "into the business" himself, and not someone who studied the subject just for the purpose of writing a book about it.
Well recommended for anyone who's into building websites, whether you're a coder, designer, information architect or the 'all-in-one' type like myself.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I haven't read it all yet, but it shows a really promising book! What I ve read up to now, is stuff I knew already, but the book does a good job to point them out and help me... Read morePublished on 10 Nov. 2012 by Yannis Dr
I enjoyed this title. I found it easy to read and very accessible with straight-forward advice. You do not need programming knowledge to understand although a little might help... Read morePublished on 21 Mar. 2010 by martcol
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation