- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Building Your Academic Career (The Academic's Support Kit) Paperback – 1 Jan 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
I work at the nexus of sociology and cultural studies and my research interests comprise childhood and youth studies, particularly sexuality, gender and race in education and in popular culture, and the cultural politics of education. Overall, my focus is on the dominant and how it is held in place, though this often involves investigating the experiences of those in subordinated, marginalised and/or stigmatised groups. I am especially concerned with how children negotiate these ‘differences that make a difference’ and their agency in the context of institutional settings such as schools and families.
Education policy particularly in relation to globalisation and socio-cultural change
Socio-cultural studies of diverse youthful identities and education
Education, media and consumer cultures
Elite Schools around the world and the formation of transnational elites
Fields of Research (FOR)
Gender, Sexuality and Education
Sociology of Education
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Higher & Further Education
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Studying & Test Preparation > Study & Learning Skills
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies