Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 February 2010
I like this book as it has clear good pictures and it is small and slim. It is great if you just want to know what something is when going on a walk. However, it is rather sparse on additional information (but if you are out and about with kids, I don't see this as a problem).

One other point - it doesn't have spiders in. I know they aren't insects, but I was hoping they might come under the 'bugs' part and be able to identify a spider in my house. I was rather disappointed to find that the book didn't have them.
on 20 July 2010
Bought this for my sons 6th birthday as he is really into his bugs at the moment. I bought it to take out with us to help identify the bugs and insects we find. Although not loads of info it has lots of pictures to help identify the variety of ie moth 23 different ones. Perfect! - Does what it says on the tin!
on 27 July 2011
This Usborne book, bought for my great grandaughter, is real value for money. Keeping an active mind searching for information was the prime reason for my purchase and I am well satisfied with the result. I intend extending the range of these "Sticker Books" that I give to my greatgrandaughter.
on 1 June 2013
i bought this book to use with some bug viewers to help a group of children to identify common garden insects and bugs, the book is okay as far as it goes, however i was a little disappointed that it did not have woodlice, millipedes, common black beetles or many of the bugs we found in the garden, the kids had fun finding the little creatures, then were let down by lack of information :( however we had an interesting time looking up similar looking insects and finding out facts about them!!
on 5 May 2012
Bought this for my 3 year old daughter who loves bugs and it was a winner, it has lot's of nice images and interesting facts and am sure it will be great too as she gets older to learn more.
on 27 April 2013
This is a great, easy to use guide for young insect lovers to learn about the nature in their own back garden. I bought this for my grandson with the National Geographic Bug Barn for his 7th birthday. He and his 4 year old brother spent the rest of the afternoon catching and studying bugs!
on 20 February 2013
Arrived in specified time. My 4yr old loves his bugs, though i think i should have purchased the garden insect book as many of the bugs in the book do not appear in our garden. Though i suppose its fun looking for them anyway.
on 10 June 2014
Got the book for my little boys they love it, the pictures are brilliant and they can match the bugs with the pictures. There is a lot of differnt insects for them to learn, i would recommend this book for a wide range of ages and my boy are 3 and 5 and they can spot the bugs and tick them off in the book to help them. its so good that my sons school want to use it in their nature club.
on 24 June 2014
Book delivered on time , in good packaging . Book is excellent for children it helps them prepare for checking out bugs in the garden, clearly describes the characteristics of the creature .Perfect as a stocking filler for Christmas or as a small gift for a cchild.
on 4 July 2014
Very quick despatch, Great book, works well with other spotter guides when out with the grandchildren