Buffalo RUF-C4G/U2 4GB USB High Speed Flash Drive
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- ReadyBoost compliant
- Transfer data quickly and simply
- Massive 4GB capacity for hours of Music and Video storage
- Transfer data between computers simply
- Unique clear blue design
- To avoid losing the lid it can be stored on the rear of the flash drive whilst in use
- Work with PC or Mac
- 2 Year Warranty
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0
- Also ships with free USB extension cable
Customers Also Shopped For
- Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, Mac OS 9.0 and higher, OS X 10.1 and higher.
- USB Flash Drive, User Guide, Extension USB Cable (50cm)
Capacity: 4 GB
Compatible operating systems: Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, Mac OS 9.0, OS X 10.1
Operating temperature (T-T): 0 - 40 °C
Weight: 12 g
Buffalo Technology manufactures and provides wireless, broadband, and LAN networking solutions for the SMB, SOHO, and home and is one of the largest wireless networking hardware vendors in the world. Buffalo's strong international industry alliances have allowed the company to continue to lead the industry in the development of the latest technologies into practical, easy-to-use tools for business and home.
Top Customer Reviews
The drive comes pre-formatted FAT32 so is ready to plug and go and a really simple but useful touch is the cap clips on the end - this should mean no more lost caps.
A colour coded USB extension cable us supplied but it does not come with a neck strap - that is the only niggle.
Last but not least, a 2 year guarantee - outstanding.
-Holds 3.77Gb of data (not 4Gb), this will apply to other brands of USB stick as well so bear that in mind.
-Transfers 174mb video file in 46s. Transfer rate 3.78Mb/s
-Transfers 350mb video file in 1m33s. Transfer rate 3.76Mb/s
-See through plastic case, pretty cool.
-Plastic lid is quite tight, no danger of it falling off. Lid also fits onto back of drive so there is less chance of losing it.
-Sturdy construction. Comes with USB extension cable approx 50cm long. 2 Year Guarentee.
-Bargain price! Excellent quality.
Formatted capacity in windows is 3.74GB.
1min47sec to copy a 698MB iso to it (6.5MB/sec)
Smaller files are much slower
1min to copy 40.1MB in 150 files (0.67MB/sec)
The cap clips on with clips on either side of the USB plug, adds a few mm to its length, and has a hole in the end. The USB plug does feel slightly loose, and I am not sure I would like to risk it in a washing machine.
£20 delivered for a 4GB flash stick, despite the niggles, is at the moment excellent value.
For average pen drive data, application patches, document files, pictures, music etc this is more than fast enough and holds a lot for a good price.
On the downside the case while being small and should fit most USB sockets, holds the circuit board a bit loosely so there is movement when to insert or remove. This may become a problem over time. It is also missing a neck strap which I find more useful than the USB extension cable that comes with it. I prefer to wear round my neck when at work and most pc's have accessible USB sockets today.
All in all a good pen drive at a good price.
1. Huge capacity - 3.74gb usable (same reduction as most usb sticks)
2. Have been using this to transfer holiday piks/vids etc between home/work and friends computers.... only hiccup so far was when we plugged it into a machine running Vista - but only had to take it out and plug it back in and all was well - thats what you get for using Vista eh!
3. Seems to me to be as fast as any of my other USB sticks (but I don't sit in front of my pc with a stopwatch measuring bit-rates or anything)
4. Very compact - it's the smallest one I own, and seems well built - it's been thrown around the front room, dropped and rattles around in my pockets on a motorbike with no ill effects whatsoever.
5. Would be handy if you could attach it to a normal keyring - but that's only cause I keep losing things :-)
6. Absolute bargain!!!
Also note that FAT16/32 filesystems suck, performance wise. Try NTFS, HFS, XFS, anything at all for a free improvement in perf.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best buy ever, have been using since 5 yrs and no problems.Published 21 months ago by Dhaval J. Sangani