on 22 December 2014
Expensive for just 1/4 metre square of wool!
For what it is, it does make a very comfortable, compact and incredibly versatile garment; much more than just an extremely pocketable woollen scarf. In it's simplest function it neatly keeps one's neck warm however where it's excels is with my cycle helmet, keeping wind chill off my ears and face, or similarly combined with a hat when standing at freezing windswept bus stops. At other times it itself serves as a hat that's not over-warm whilst working outside, in a garage, garden or in my cold studio. - I find its lightness in general ideal for not overheating while active outdoors.

I definitely would not be without one now, indeed I'd buy several more if they were priced more reasonably but I still balk at paying £20 for a square (okay tube) of fabric (albeit nice fabric) the size of the rags under my sink. (RRP £25 - I think Buff are being greedy!)

Cost aside, I wholeheartedly recommend owning one - (one star docked for price)
7 people found this helpful
on 31 December 2017
The material was great - the wool is not bulky but it is very warm. A small problem was that the picture suggests that the print goes all around continuously. It doesn’t. There are 2 grey panels with no print at all running down the length of the tube, 1 on either side. I don’t know if this is a printing defect, but these panels do not show on the photo of this product. My husband is keeping it as he has already used it but he has noted the same product I bought for myself in another colour has the print running continuously all around the tube, as shown in the picture. Having bought this for him as a present, I am not too happy that the quality of the product I bought for him is not to the same standard as the one I bought for myself.
on 25 January 2015
I've ordered it and when it came after first try it came apart at the seams. So I've sent it back and requested for a replacement. Prompt response and delivery so I got another one.
The wool seems to be high quality and warm, maybe a bit itchy.But again is not synthetic. However the seams seem to be again not to tight. Hopefully won't come loose again. I was expecting a bit more attention to details considering the price tag.

EDIT: second one started to come apart after just 2 more uses.. very disappointed. Again the seams and also it looses its elasticity. It's warm and now that I have used it I won't leave without a buff. However I will be buying another brand as this seems to be poor quality. Way too expensive to last only 2 uses.
One person found this helpful
on 6 May 2014
I have a fleece combined one and although great it is for really cold weather only! Hence my purchase of this Merino Wool one. Fab Fab and Fab is all I can really say. I get a bit claustrophobic putting material over my mouth and nose but in a recent walk in seriously inclement weather I can safely say I wore this up over my face and it was warm and comfortable. No smell either despite wearing it non stop even in my sleeping bag for a few days. A good buy! (oh it does wash well although I only washed in 30 degrees).
3 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2015
I can't really make my mind up about his one. The merino fabric is nice and thin and warm as expected but definitely a bit scratchier than other merino stuff I own. I didn't expect the large black logo that is printed on it as it isn't in the photo so that puts me off a bit. Buffs seem not to really work for me I wanted to wear it as a mask when cycling in very cold weather but it directs my breath upwards and steams up my glasses so that's not a goer. the cap and head band options unfortunately make me look ridiculous which is a shame as I really wanted something to keep my ears warm without overheating my head but obviously this isn't the fault of the buff just a unfortunate convergence of large head and thick hair creating a bulbous effect. Also not particularly comfortable for me when worn like this. So it may end up as just a not particularly outstanding neck warmer for me.
on 14 March 2014
Big bummer that this item is handwash only. Lovely design and feels goods. Used it for a long run on a cold day but popped in quick and cool wash afterwards....It managed to remove most of the print which is a shame as it as lovely. If you have the patience and inclination to handwash then you will be happy with this product.
4 people found this helpful
on 14 March 2018
This buff is brilliant - much better than synthetic material versions. It feels soft and warm to the touch, it's light and comfortable and it doesn't get smelly in the way synthetic ones do.
on 1 May 2015
Good quality brand. I liked the patterns and as they state, the item keeps you warm round the neck but does not make you sweaty. My only reservation is the narrowness of the tube doesn't allow pulling it up as a snood successfully. However I wear it a lot and carry it in my bag in case of chilly winds.
One person found this helpful
on 25 March 2016
Not itchy - warm, soft and survives a wash in the machine if its in a coat pocket - goes with everything im hardly without it. I also find it much better to use as a face mask than the polyester ones as air flows easily and it doesnt moisten up around the mouth.
on 5 September 2015
Wash before first use with this one! I had some slight colour transfer after wearing this hard (I'm a sweater) with a white t-shirt. All washed out but bear in mind; otherwise, perfect, I love it!
Soft and breathable, versatile and lightweight, a great little addition to any kit bag