Buddhist Offerings 365 Days Hardcover – 3 Nov 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
In this follow-up to "Buddhist Himalayas", Olivier and Danielle Follmi have once more worked in vivid colour to document the beauty of the majestic Himalayan landscape, while delving yet deeper into the wisdom of the Tibetans. Each of the images presented here is mirrored by a meditation from one of the great masters and thinkers of Tibetan Buddhism, among them His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Kalou Rinpoche, Chogyam Trungpa, Anagarika Govinda and Shabkar. These insights, divided into 52 themes to follow the rhythm of the year, encompass subjects that touch all humanity: from money, health and faith to trust and love. Their wisdom and power offer a means for daily meditation, whatever the reader's beliefs or religious traditions.
About the Author
Danielle Foellmi has co-written over 15 books. She is the official photographer of the Dalai Lama and recipient of the prestigious World Press award.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have owned it now for a couple of years. Do I use it daily? No, I'm not that disciplined. I did for a while but I find that it is one of those books that I delve in to now and again.
- The way it is organised in to themes and how the themes flow, yet you don't need to read every quote in each theme.
- The photography. The pictures are just stunning and thought provoking enough without the accompanying quote.
- The whole philosophy behind it. I am not a Buddhist but it all makes so much sense. Regardless of your religion and beliefs this book will probably make you think and will enrich your life.
- The way that the quotes have lead to discussion with friends and family. I was calling a friend each day and reading the quote and then we would discuss it or discussion would flow from it. - I probably had too much time on my hand at that stage.
What I didn't like:
- I think this is my fault - but the book looks worn now. The cover hasn't lasted too well. It has been used a lot though and I have left it out rather than leaving it on a book shelf.
A great book that is a definite keeper.