on 3 July 2008
This is a solid product and sturdy and very good value for what it is. It works by rocking oscillations as opposed to the straight up and down vibrations of some other types. I have found this action particularly useful for back and joint massage and for help with a shoulder injury. I slipped a disc over 10 years ago and find this vibration plate ideal for therapy when my back is stiff or painful. Saves lots of money on a chiropractor! It is great if you lie over the platform with legs one side and head on a pillow the other side, with the small of your back on the vibrating plate(put a cushion over the plate for comfort). I particularly like the 10 minute session on maximum vibration and the way it gently winds down the speed at the end. You feel in agony afterwards but your back soon feels loose and relaxed! The remote control is also a boon. I was surprised at how big and heavy the platform actually is, weighing in at around 55lb or 25Kg. This makes it difficult to move around and to store in a small space. The pictures appear to show it smaller than it is. It is actually two feet(60cm) wide and 9"(23cm) high. For this reason I would caution less able people who need to shift it around to position it for use. You may be advised to buy the version with the upright support frame with wheels, so it can be moved around. Mine does not have wheels so I take care in that regard.
55 comments| 185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2011
Nearly bought identical product, under a different name, from shopping channel, but saved £100 by checking Amazon first!! Feel so much better after only a couple of weeks regular use and can already feel my stomach toning up. Word of caution - it is very heavy, so you need to be able to leave it in a position where you can make full use of it. Have a look on U-tube for better videos of excercise routines - try Linda Mallard.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2016
Conceptually these machines are great and this one is no different to the rule.

However the product I have received is very squeaky. No clear way or substances provided to maintain the product or reduce the squeak.

The shaker is good on setting p3 and can feel it doing its work, the top setting feels like it can do damage so a word of warning, be careful with the higher settings if you are particularly unfit.

If you maintain a healthy diet and keep active then this device will help to tone your body.

If you eat rubbish and don't move further than your house to your car, then this won't work any miracles.

Long story short, eat well, go for walks and exercise and this machine will help make a difference. If you rely solely on this machine then you may end up disappointed.
on 27 February 2013
After a lot of research into vibration training and looking at different models etc., I finally settled on the B-Slimmer as it had good reviews and was from a reputable company. I specifically wanted a small but powerful and sturdy machine that was not too expensive. It was delivered 2 days after I ordered it and within a time-tracked delivery slot.
I have had the machine for 6 weeks now and am so happy with it! I have used it for 10 minutes per day for at least 5 days per week and do a set routine of gentle excercises (there are plenty examples on the Internet). I have lost weight (not loads- around 8lb) and have definitely toned up, particularly in the legs (squats) and midriff (side-bends).
I have no doubts that used regularly, the weight loss and toning will continue to be improved. I have also noticed a significant reduction in cellulite and improved balance.
I bought the machine for the weightless and toning benefits and can honestly state it is worth buying for that.
However, a major bonus I have noticed and am most impressed with is the way I feel after using it. It really energises me and I feel less stressed (I didn't even know I was stressed until I noticed its de-stressing properties!!). It's actually quite addictive as I can tell the difference on the odd days I haven't used it.
I have read reviews and the pros and cons and it took me a long time to make the decision to buy a vibration machine. I was fully aware that over-use can create problems and that you MUST bend your knees slightly to prevent vibration travelling further than the shoulders. You may want to read up and take note of the safe use of the machine before using it to prevent any injuries.
All in all, when used properly and regularly, it is brilliant and I am so glad I bought it. I am female, 45 years old, slightly overweight, not a hugely active person and don't use a gym or do any sports. But I now feel fitter, healthier, lighter and less tired and stressed. It is worth every penny and I would highly recommend.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2011
My husband bought me this for Christmas as I couldn't afford to keep going to the gym to use one which I missed as I was getting a better toned body. This is just as good and I can do it when I like and as many times as I have time for. As long as you have enought room for it, then buy it, you will not be disappointed.
66 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2013
I have owned my vibration platform for 15 months (I bought the one with the handle but did not add the handle as it was very obtrusive where I kept the machine). I absolutely loved the results I achieved in terms of muscle tone and strength building (although I would not recommend it for weight loss). My legs, arms and core were noticeably more toned and stronger after only two weeks of daily usage (for 1/2hr - 1hr per day with hand held weights).

I used it every day for 4 months then sporadically for the next 5 months. I then had some surgery, which prevented me from using it for a few months (although my 20 yr old daughter and 18yr old son have used it a handful of times over the summer). When I tried to resume my use of the machine this week there was clearly something wrong (very noisy and lopsided). My husband took it apart and a bearing had broken inside.

I contacted the manufacturer to ask if I could purchase a replacement part (I attached photos of the shattered bearing and proof of purchase etc). They couldn't/wouldn't supply a replacement part. My emails from them were curt and some would say rude. I found them spectacularly unhelpful. Their suggestion was that I purchase a new machine.

One year of light usage before the machine is considered a 'write off' seems very poor value to me (one years' gym membership would have cost less than I paid for this machine!)

I very much recommend vibration technology if your aim is toning but I DO NOT recommend this product or manufacturer.
on 9 June 2012
Had this for 2 weeks now, and just 10 mins a day on med speed, you can see what it is doing, it as firmed up saggy boobs, my turtle neck as gone too. it acually does what it says. i feel great, sleep better and go to the loo daily now. its brillant, i would advise everyone to get one.
on 6 January 2013
I am pleased with the Bslimmer for what it does , it is easy to use and has helped with my problems, It was a good price
on 13 August 2011
This is the best thing I have ever bought I suffer with a number of walking difficulties and a serious disability making it difficult for me to walk and use a gym. In the last month I have lost 7pm and 1 and a bit dress size. My mother who is an oap has lost 3bl. I would recommend this to anyone (of course you have to want to do it)
on 28 March 2016
Have used for a couple of years,every day for twenty minutes prior to useing an inversion table for five minutes. Inversion after vibration counters the compression tendency of the vibration plate.I prefer to hold two 4k dumbells rather than use the cords. Keeping the body moving as we age is important. This machine an economical aid in pursuit of health....I wouldnt want to live in a flat underneath a user though!