Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 7 September 2014
Just finished this book and really enjoyed it. Some parts really made me laugh to the extent that I repeated them to other people. Was also nice comparing to experiences from my own childhood. Only downside was that it is childhood/early adulthood memoir and as a result doesn't cover when Jason became famous or any anecdotes from this time which I would have liked to read. This did not take away from my enjoyment of the book however. In short this is quite a heartwarming book that I would recommend.
on 5 December 2014
Where is the actual story of Jason's rise to fame
This book has no depth, no real engaging storey telling. 70% covers in an erratic and not terribly entertaining way, Jasons childhood and first attempts at stand up. Then all of a sudden, he's married with twins, a pregnant wife, and it ends. Compared to John Bishop, Michael Mckintyre and Johnny Vegas, this book doesn't stand up at all in interesting entertainment. Obviously left room for the next book , which is ridiculous as this attempt desperately needed more content, less padding. Disappointing
on 18 December 2014
I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward to seeing his humour in words. I wasn't dissapointed. As story telling goes Jason is a natural and had me laughing out loud. I was on the verge of giving it 5 stars towards the end of the book. Then why didn't I? The end made me sad. It was as if someone had ripped a few chapters out. It skipped many years. Years that I would have thought were important. His rise to national public fame as a top comedian, his stage career, television career, getting married, having the twins, and even maybe his ahem indiscretions. Still a good read though.
on 18 October 2011
Jason doesn't disappoint with this 'laugh out loud' funny book crammed full of anecdotes of his misspent youth. It doesn't quite draw a parallel with my own (thank goodness), but his references to 80's and 90's Northern working-class family struggles, fashions, priorities and suchlike are absolutely 'bob on!' It was pretty much 'unputdownable' and I had it wrapped within a week ... a cracker of a read for Northern, Jason, Comedy lovers!
on 14 September 2015
Oh my God, this book is funny. I had to google who he was as never heard of him just liked the idea of nostalgically reading about being poor and northern in the 80s. But I never stopped laughing and have told so many people to buy it. This copy is for my sister.... Also like to add bought through the market place and only paid 1p plus postage and the book looks brand new so top marks seller!!
on 30 March 2015
l loved this book purely because it was nostalgic for the 70's I have rarely seen Jason Manford but believe he is a good comic I read it after reading Alan Carr's autobiography it didn't compare as Alan's upbringing was more middle class but Jason's book was equally funny I think his parents were hysterical it has it all from his first paper round to his first sexual encounter well worth a read
on 1 June 2015
I took this on holiday and it was a good job I had a private villa or my gales of laughter would have been heard all across Greece . Brilliant, as a girl from Manchester I could see the similarities with my childhood.
on 8 November 2011
This awesome autobiography had me in tears of laughter, the stories (and the pictures) were hilarious. Would recommend this book for a good read and a good laugh too!
on 25 April 2015
Enjoyed it. Very funny. Although it kind of abruptly fast forwards in time at the end with just a small chapter about the present (or rather the time he'd written the book) Bit disappointing not to read much about his life once he'd made it.
on 15 November 2011
I've done nothing for two days because I couldn't put this book down. A great read. It took me right back, but to my kids childhood rather than my own. What a wonderful family Jason has. The honestly in his writing comes over well. He's done a really good job. It's a very entertaining and well written account of a young but certainly action packed life. Strangely enough I live on the same Stockport road as Jason, although I don't know him personally, and can tell you that the tree he mentions at the front of his house with the Christmas lights was quite magnificent last year. Now I need to pluck up the courage to knock on his door and get my book signed! Well done, Jason. You're a true star and your mum and dad must be so very proud of you. :-)