- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Bruce Lee: Artist of Life (Bruce Lee Library) Paperback – 19 Mar 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
" Bruce Lee books are now also available in ebook format That's great, it's nice if you're traveling to take everything with you in one little small container so-to-speak." Martial Thoughts Podcast"
"Just as Michelangelo chipped away at a block of marble to reveal David, so did Bruce peel away the layers of his inner soul to reveal his true self to the world." --Linda Lee Cadwell, from the Foreword
"The Bruce Lee Library stands as the definitive presentation of Bruce Lee's magnificent legacy. Each volume belongs on the bookshelf of every serious martial artist." --Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Nucleus
"With rare letters, essays and even poems, the book offers readers a glimpse into the mind and work ethic that drove Lee, as well as a window into his philosophy." --News China Magazine
..".Bruce Lee books are now also available in ebook format...That's great, it's nice if you're traveling to take everything with you in one little small container so-to-speak." --Martial Thoughts Podcast
"This is an invaluable source for understanding the views of Bruce Lee's life, love, parenting, and martial arts." --Ask In Mask blog
-Just as Michelangelo chipped away at a block of marble to reveal David, so did Bruce peel away the layers of his inner soul to reveal his true self to the world.- --Linda Lee Cadwell, from the Foreword
-The Bruce Lee Library stands as the definitive presentation of Bruce Lee's magnificent legacy. Each volume belongs on the bookshelf of every serious martial artist.- --Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Nucleus
-With rare letters, essays and even poems, the book offers readers a glimpse into the mind and work ethic that drove Lee, as well as a window into his philosophy.- --News China Magazine
-...Bruce Lee books are now also available in ebook format...That's great, it's nice if you're traveling to take everything with you in one little small container so-to-speak.- --Martial Thoughts Podcast
-This is an invaluable source for understanding the views of Bruce Lee's life, love, parenting, and martial arts.- --Ask In Mask blog
A rare, never-before-seen collection of bruce Lee's private letters and writing!
bruce Lee was an intense man with such sheer concentration of energy that no one who encountered him, on screen or in person, could help but be drawn to him and his enthusiasm for life and knowledge. A voracious and engaged reader, Lee wrote extensively, synthesizing the thought of East and West into a unique personal philosophy of self-discovery. bruce Lee: Artist of life explores the development and fruition of bruce Lee's thoughts about gung fu (kung fu), philosophy, psychology, poetry, jeet kune do, acting, and self-knowledge.
This volume from bruce Lee's private notebooks is capped by a selection of Lee's letters that eloquently demonstrate how he incorporated his thought into actions and advice to others. Also included are multiple drafts of select compositions, showing how Lee's thought evolved and was refined over the years and how the ideas he was reading and writing about were reflected in his work and everyday life.
- Gung Fu—reflections on gung fu, psychology in defense and attack, how to choose a martial arts instructor, and bruce's own view on the martial art
- Philosophy—regarding human understanding, Taoism, Plato, Socrates, and Descartes
- Psychology—three types of philosophy, the top dog and the underdog, the four basic philosophical approaches, and learning
- Poetry—'The Dying Sun,' 'Love is a Friendship Caught on Fire,' 'Once More i Hold You in My Arms,' and 'Parting'
- Jeet Kune Do–The liberation—toward personal liberation, notes on JKD, true mastery, and an objective evaluation of the combative skill of bruce Lee, by those who know what it is
- Acting—what exactly is an actor, the art of acting
- Self-knowledge—in search of someone real, self-actualization, and the passionate state of mind
- Letters—'The True Meaning of life–Peace of Mind,' 'use Your Own Experience and imagination,' and 'it's All in the State of Mind'
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
It is a fabulous read but I must air some criticism for the editing, that is, the content editing. For some reason, the book repeats itself a number of times, often in a verbatim form, and at other times, with a few words changed. For instance, When Lee renders a Zen teacher’s advice to an over-eager student about not having an “empty cup” for learning, the story appears in its exact form a number of times later. This is true for other parts as well. I was reading the very same sections pages later. I was surprised by this, and further surprised by further repeatings. Was this meant to pad the book out? It absolutely did not need padding out in any way because the rest of the content is splendid. This was the only detraction from what was otherwise an insightful account of Bruce Lee’s essays and writings.
To sum up, I really recommend this book to anyone interested in furthering their interest in the mindfulness of Bruce Lee and his philosophies or to anyone looking to open their minds to a spiritually-detailing odyssey.
Bruce Lee's wisdom gleaned from many years committed to the path of self-discovery, expressed here in philosophy, psychology, poetry and more.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Artists, Architects & Photographers
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Actors & Actresses
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music > Opera
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Biography > Sport > Martial Arts
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art > Theatre
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Biographies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Zen Philosophy
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Combat Sports & Self-Defence > Martial Arts