on 23 June 2017
Lovely quality book. Rigid card pages but a soft padding on the front cover. Beautiful bright coloured pictures. Clear large print text inside. My 2year old loves the story so much and sits there reciting it pretending that she's reading to us. One of the best things I've ever bought my little girl and she has every book and toy under the sun!
One person found this helpful
on 13 November 2014
The rhythm of this book makes it a pleasure to read to my son.

I've read this book over and over. The upbeat rhythm prevents it from ever getting monotonous - even after 6 months.

I can even recite this book to my son without looking at the book. Just keep to the rhythm and make up the animals... I see a purple duck, yellow zebra and so on.

I highly recommend this book for parents of newborns. Your child will eventually recognise this book from the way it's read.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 March 2017
Beautiful book, smaller than A5 but perfect for little hands. Its our favourite as it has little flaps at the edge of the book, so that you can see all the animals
One person found this helpful
on 9 October 2015
I first read this book to my children when they were under five they are now in their thirties and mid twenties. I have also read it to my first granddaughter when she was a little girl and I bought this book for my second granddaughter who is 4 years old. We all love this book, it teaches children rhyming, colours and the different animals. I gave it four stars because I would have preferred if the book was available as a board books.
on 3 April 2012
I bought this for my son because it's one of his favorites at nursery, and I chose this bilingual edition since Arabic is one of the languages spoken in our family (not on my side!). the trouble now is that my son asks me to read it in arabic to laugh at me!!! ;)

It's a lovely book with bright, beautiful illustrations.

PS for the non Arabic speaking parent, know that the Arabic script does not have the harakaat written on the words
5 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2018
I have a great affection for this book as I have so many happy memories of reading it with my children and it did its job of helping them to learn the names of colours very well. This was a gift for a friend's one year old. I hope she loves it.
on 5 June 2012
English isn't my childs (2.5yrs old) first language and I bought a load of books of Amazon trying to help. I went through most of the books and my child sat there listening and enjoyed most of them, however this is the only book in which he tries to speak English! I left this book for last because when I flicked through it, it looked as boring as hell. But it is so repetative, my child seems to enjoy it and makes the effort to repeat the short sentences. SUCCESS!

The old saying, "don't judge a book by its cover", is very true here.
on 5 December 2017
Baby really likes this book. I think because of the bold colours and repetition in the story. Different sorts of animals are featured compared to your average children’s book.
on 10 June 2017
This is a pretty stupid book but it is a lot of fun to read. I think I like it more than my two year old son, who is hot and cold on it. He is quite discerning being a super intelligent amazing child as they all are. Five stars because it makes bed time that bit more enjoyable. Do a silly voice, you'll see what I mean.
on 17 January 2014
My son adores this book and is constantly demanding I read it to him. I originally bought it because the repetitive language is great for heaping my son learn to talk but I absolutely love reading it to him because of the beautiful illustrations. We particularly love the final page which shows all the different animals, my son loves to point each out and I'm sure it's helped him learn his colours.