on 10 June 2014
Have worn asics for years and moved over to Brooke's adrenaline due to heel pain with the asics 2000. I have found the Brooke's to be great shoes and stopped the heel pain virtually straight away. Happy days
on 30 June 2014
I'm a size 9.5UK but with these shoes my feet come too close to the top and thus had to send my pair back for a size larger, because also my sports socks are too thick it forces this shoe to be too tight even at the 2E wide box area.

I'm hoping the size 10UK will fit perfectly so I can test it out and update this review. I usually work out at David lloyds gym but its recently been too expensive for another membership at £90 a month no thanks, so I think I'll start running around at the park outside until they put the prices down at the gym.

for now I can say that the heel fits better than the Brooks GTS Adrenaline 10 ASR Black / Red which feels too loose at the heel. The GTS 14 I tried with silk socks and have to say its really comfortably, too bad I won't run in those socks, decent sports socks have to be thick enough to help absorb shock and sweat and still be breathable.

I'll edit when I try out the size 10UK, so far I can tell its a decent shoe how long it lasts and how well it performs is another story and will edit this in some time.
on 24 April 2015
Brooks make the only trainers I find comfortable these days, and I've been wearing either Adrenalines or Beasts exclusively for at least half a decade. They last well, they fit me like a glove (very wide feet which mean even with a 2E fitting I have to go a size up to get the width I need) and they are very supportive - important when one weighs more than 17 stone. I don't run in them - I have a chronic bad back - but I do most other things in them and find them excellent as general purpose footwear. The only slight gotcha is that on very smooth surfaces in wet conditions, the sole material can be slippery - but other than that they're my perfect training shoes.
on 2 December 2015
I have broad feet at the front and usual sports shoes do not fit my feet. This trainer is wide enough to accommodate my feet and is very comfortable. Nice material and good looks .I will recommend it.
on 7 August 2015
I needed a wider fit as my little toe kept on being pushed inwards these did the job with just enough room for my piggy toes to expand enough on the toe strike I used to run in the basics keyano but they were to slim fitting for my barge feet
on 1 May 2014
I have gone through 3 pairs of gts 13 2E (wide) size 9.5 in the last year or so running marathons.
So how silly to assume the gts14 2E (wide) size 9.5 would be exactly the same fit.
It's not is almost an inch longer.
Yes almost an inch.
Why?
Grrrr!
on 31 December 2014
My son has wide feet and a high instep and all shoes are a big problem to buy. We like this Brooks shoe, it provides really good support, but a good fit has always been tricky as we've had to get a shoe that's too long in order to accommodate the high instep. However, these wide fit trainers have made things so much easier - this is the second pair he's had and they are fabulous. His feet are still growing so we haven't stabilised on size yet but it's easy to anticipate what he needs based on the last pair.
on 29 January 2015
I kept to the same brand due to the fact I need orthotics and the insert can be replaced. An amazing trainer in my mind as I burst out of my last set so managed to find this wider version.
Postage was quick too. Very happy.
on 29 January 2015
It's a shame they keep "tweaking" shoes each year. This really is a great shoe! What i'm most impressed with is the base (something which a lot of other shoes don't seem to even think about). for me it's go the perfect balance of width to give you a secure presence on most surfaces without feeling like your running in clown shoes.

For me (a marathon runner) this do the job very well.

the only feature i'm not too keen on is the shoe can be a bit slippery in the heel and the vertical seems in the fabric don't help with this.

I was inspired to get a pair of brooks after reading chrissie wellingtons book a like without limits as she uses brooks shoes in iron man races. If they are good enough for her they are defiantly good enough for us mere mortals :)
on 10 September 2014
Shoes are good and fit as expected. I have broad feet with high instep - so not always easy to find good fitting shoes. I've had Brooks shoes several times before. Last around 12 months running 2 or 3 times per week and I'd expect same from these. Obviously last longer if not running as frequently.