Customer reviews

Broken Things: A Dystopian Thriller
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 8 September 2017
This is a familiar scheme in sci-fi stories but very well done. It follows a nearly sentient child robot that is damaged and thrown away by its 'parents'. This is its story of betrayal, its survival and how it moves on.
on 24 March 2013
After Josh is hit by his car and parents/owners decided they can't afford to fix him, they take him to the woods on the pretence of a camping trip. Not long after they arrive they drive off leaving Josh alone. He convinces himself that they must have made a mistake and decides to try and get home. His journey is harder than he anticipates and he beings to question his place in the world.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book but I'm really glad I gave it a try, I thought the concept was original and I kept wanting to know what would happen next. Josh, the main character is really easy to like and you find yourself routing for him throughout. I'm not really a huge sci fi fan but I really enjoyed this book which I think says a lot.
on 10 August 2013
Enjoyed the book although a little disappointed with the ending, looks like there should be a sequel, build up and then fizzles out
on 22 May 2013
strange story but gripping about kids in the future built to order, but of course not everything always goes to plan.
on 5 February 2015
great book
on 16 February 2013
What an excellent read. Reminded me of that film
, can't remember what it is called, but the book tugged at the heart strings. Perhaps we should also build some more "monsters" for the children :)