- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Britten and Barber: Their Lives and Their Music (Parallel Lives) Paperback – 8 Sep 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Felsenfeld holds a Ph.D. in music, and is a music critic and composer living in New York.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The book is really an introduction. If you've already heard a fair amount of Barber and Britten, I doubt Felsenfeld has much to tell you. On the other hand, his descriptions are usually accurate, if a bit surface-y and blah. For those looking for more depth, try Heyman's bio of Barber, Alex Ross's The Rest is Noise, the Humphrey Carpenter Britten bio, and the criticism of Donald Mitchell.