on 15 July 2001
Simon Veness covers so much ground in this guide, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a massive tome of reading. It covers the holiday hot-spots of Walt Disney World Resorts and theme parks, the other major parks like Sea World, Universal, and Busch Gardens. It also gives great tips for eating out, money saving coupons/discounts to be had for nights out and entertainment, when not to be persuaded by car-hire firms to upgrade cars, and more importantly, WHEN TO!! It provides guides on the cost of eating out at the most popular restaurants and eateries, covering everything from family restaurants to Japanese sushi, and vegetarian fare. It gives great tips on using I-Drive trolley buses if you don't fancy driving, and goes on to cover accomodation, providing unbiased seeming ratings, again with indicators of cost and amenities close to hand. If you only intend to buy one guide to orlando, make it this one. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
on 24 April 2006
This book is a must for anyone visiting Orlando, particularly if it is your first visit. It is well laid out and gives a comprehensive guide to each park. I would highly reccommend the itinery service offered by the authors. It gives a detailed guide to each day of your stay and handy hints to save time. They divide your days between trekking round the parks and relaxing so that you do not burn out.

The book also gives details about the surrounding area, as well as the parks, and has a very comprehensive section on eateries and shopping in the Orlando area.

The after sales service is also exceptional. We lost our book whilst in Orlando and contacted the authors by e-mail and they arranged another copy for us to pick up at a local location.

If you are not an 'Orlando veteran' then you can't go far wrong by using this book to brief yourself before you go and using it whilst out there.
on 6 March 2001
This is the second edition we've had of this book, last year it was a present, this year it was the second thing we bought(after the flights). The information is clear and concise and in the ever changing central Florida landscape, it is very accurate. The first time we visited Florida nine years ago we bought loads of guides(Birnbaum's etc.) but they were mostly aimed at domestic tourists,not British,and none were a patch on 'The Brits Guide'. Having read the book cover to cover several times I cannot find any inaccuracies apart from the fact that most restaurant prices are over estimated, which leads to a pleasant surprise when you arrive. If you only buy one travel guide for your vacation make it this one(and if Mr.Veness would like a researcher,I'm at the front of the line).
on 21 May 2005
I bought several holiday books in preparation for our trip but this book was outstanding and covered everything we needed to know. Every day in Florida we never left the villa without it and the children always checked 'have we got the Bible'!!!If you are considering a holiday to florida do not leave home without one. It is always worthwhile just leaving in your car while you are there.Happy holidays.
on 24 April 2001
If you are planning to, or simply just thinking about visiting Orlando/Walt Disney World then this book is a must. An absolute gem! Never being what I'd call a "fan" of the travel guides, (prefering instead, a good novel), I approached the idea of reading one with some trepidation and visions of the boredom that lay ahead within its pages. The look of the book was my first surprise. Lightweight and bright. Ok, so my preconceptions were being proven incorrect. This was not a heavy weight document ranting on about a place the writer had visited once (and only then to use the local bus shelter toilets)! This guide has actually been written by someone who has been to these places and then (thankfully) decided to share his views on the whole kit 'n' caboodle! I have read the Brits Guide from cover to cover. Packed full of "Brit Tips", fun facts and invaluable advice and information, if you take just one book with you when you go, make sure it's this one!
on 18 June 2001
If you are serious about taking a trip to Orlando, then you most definitely have to read this book before and during your stay. The level of detail provided is fantastic, and gives you insights into everything that you would need to know from where to eat, where to stay and where to visit. The most impressive aspect of the guide though, is the fantastic detail provided on all the theme parks, advising what rides get busy, what height restrictions apply to them and what days and times would be best spent where. This guide helps you plan ahead your holiday with more confidence and also helps you save money on great offers - great value for money.
on 21 January 2003
I was recommended this book by my friend who used it to plan her stay in Florida and I have told everyone else who is going that this book is as vital as remembering your tickets and passports. I honestly think we seen twice as much by following the advice given in it. We went everywhere on the quietest days and took advice on what to see first in each park and how to get the most out of everywhere ie:-where to watch each parade from and how to use the fast-pass system. Invaluable advice for a first time visit, But I shall also be buying the updated version for our next visit
on 12 March 2001
We are going back to Orlando this year and for the second year running I have bought the updated edition of this book. The information it gives is spot on and really helps the planning. The day planner at the back is a god send and the 'best day to go' guide helps you miss a load of the crowds and see more of the park. My only minor gripe...and is is very minor one is that a better Orlando road map would be useful, but once you are there you find its easy to get everywhere by following signs.
If you are going to WDW or anywhere in Orlando buy this book before you go.
on 30 December 2000
This book covers all aspects of a trip to Orlando from the initial planning to the journey home. It is crammed with information not only about all the usual theme parks, but also a great many less well known attractions in the Orlando area and has a great many hints and tips from fellow travellers. The quiet day guide is particularly useful-we managed have a virtually queue free holiday by using this! Once you start dipping into this book you will find it hard to put down, and is a must to take with you.
on 19 April 2001
We went to Orlando last year for the first time and were recommended The Brits Guide to Orlando by Simon Veness. The book proved to be essential for our holiday. The day to day planning guide was especially accurate and we were able very successfuly to avoid "busy" days at the parks. We are going back to Florida again this year and of course I have purchased the 2001 guide. Simon Veness's insight into Orlando is truly valuable and I would now recommend his book to anyone going to Orlando.