on 21 January 2003
I've recently returned from my seventh trip to Orlando with an eighth in the early stages of planning. Simon Veness's guide has accompanied me on four of them and you can be sure the latest edition will be well-thumbed by the time I come to pack it in my suitcase. From my first trip in 1992 through to my third in 1998, I overlooked "A Brit's Guide" in favour of the usual suspects - Fodor's, Fromer's, et al. Whilst I continue to buy them all (well, I am a guide book junkie), "A Brit's Guide" thoroughly trounces the competition in that it is the only guide written for Brit's by a Brit - an enormous and obvious benefit for the reader, albeit one that passed me by for far too long. Don't make the same mistake!
The 2003 edition is packed with the usual reviews and sound advice. Simon Veness has it all covered: Disney, Universal and everything beyond. For first-timers, the advice on driving, accommodation and the two Orlando airports is invaluable. You simply won't find this stuff in the American guides. These days I use mine as a reference tool, although I can never resist reading from cover to cover when it first arrives - I just love learning about what's new in Orlando.
Simon Veness is the eyes and ears of the Brit in Orlando. If he doesn't know about it, believe me it's a non-event.
on 3 May 2017
Ok
on 15 January 2013
absolutely worth buying this book, gives you the low down on all things Orlando
which you just can't do without.
on 29 August 2014
It helped us make the best of hte holiday. Very useful.
on 20 January 2003
This book contains invaluable information which you really need to fully enjoy your time in Orlando. It contains tips, hints and recommendations for everything you need, from food, to entertainment, to the best way to approach the theme parks. The book is laid out in a really handy and useful way and is really the only guide book you will need when visiting Orlando. By far the best page is towards the back of the book which informs you of the busiest and quietest days at the theme parks. It was spot on everytime.
This book has obviously been written by someone who knows the place well and really wants you to get the most out of your holiday - unlike other guide books! The fact that it is written from a Brit's point of view makes it even more useful.
on 17 January 2003
So which guide to buy, there are hundreds out there. It's a never-ending drudgery going though guidebook after guidebook, now you don't have to. This really is (in my opinion) the best guide, it covers the basics from the arrival at the airport to picking up your car, driving rules, route maps, hotel guides, shop, dining, emergency, coming home, as well as how to PLAN when to go to which park at what time. If you're unsure which guide BUY THIS ONE FIRST.
on 28 December 2002
this is a very good book indeed we have got most of the orlando books since 94 when we first visited and this is in the top 2 its easy to follow and explains the places to see and visit very easily and gives u helpfull tips and it doent overdo the information which other books have done this is simple but very clear on what and where to go without the background of the parks which some books do it tells u what u need to know short but indepth
on 19 April 2007
I bought the 2006 edition of this book and it gave me valuable information before I even booked the holiday to Florida. It provides extensive information on what times of the year are best to go and a helpful review of each hotel and even travel agents. This is the best book I have seen for any foreign trip. It is packed full of information on every major theme park - how to tackle them, times, charges etc and a full run down of every attraction and eatery. It even gives tips on what order to do the attractions in, depending on if you are taking children, or are in it for the thrill rides. There's also a table in the back that describes which days are the busiest and quietest in each park. If you are going to Orlando for the theme parks and other tourist attractions, this is the only book you will need!
on 14 February 2007
I have just booked to return to Orlando for my third time and once again, I have turned to my handy little bible for the best advice before preparing my holiday intinerary. It is full of useful information such as the best days to attend which parks, where to eat, shop etc. I recommend this book for anyone going to WDW florida - this one covers everything.
on 14 January 2003
Any Brit wanting to plan the perfect Orlando/Disney-type holiday, need look no further than this excellent book.
We've been to Florida seven times now, and always take 'A Brit's Guide..' with us as our constant companion.